My FG monster, looks like i got lucky in the end!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc_mad

Im happy as a pig is Sh** to be brutaly honest! :blush:

Soooooo glad went for the monster its brand new the guy got it from used it for 20mins and shelf queened it :nono: it was spotless when i got it not a scratch on the bottom or anything :cool2:

here it is running and some quick pictures

th_101_3909.jpg

101_3910.jpg
101_3911.jpg
101_3912.jpg

its soooooooooo much fun :cool2:

Love it!!!

hey man congrats,you finally got it...:clap:

that is one sewwt mt,love it man.

best of luck with it.

if you need any help you know where my threads are......

I'm so jealous. Look at that huge field of grass. Our snow is melting but not fast enough for me yet! You have some fun modifications to do, just check all of them out here onthe forum. Drive it as much as you can because once you get a pipe on it you will have a great new truck again.:devil:

Nice top you have there too.:cool2:

the mods will be a while and Disk brakes will be first :p

then Alloy engine mounts, gear carrier, radio tray, thicker diff tube, Alloy hubs all round, Rear bumper

and then pipe but imo its fast enough and when ever had big pipes it just rips the car apart :/

anyway here are some more videos :)

th_Fghillclimb.jpg

th_Fgonfield1.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I have to say again, you have some awesome areas to run. You need to get the camera person one and do some double bashing. Put the camera on a tripod and have some fun.

Hold off on the alloy stuff... If you don't pipe it, you won't need all the alloy. I am on my second motor and about 15 gallons of fuel and I still have the stock motor mounts... Hell all the stock parts are still there!! Mine is piped, but the stock plastics hold up very well, if you take care of them, IE checking screws before you go out to play...

The cheaper ($100.00) front cable brakes work pretty well, but make sure you have a good and very powerful servo, like a Hitec 5955 or better...

Good luck and happy motoring!!!
BTW, Cool truck!!!

Trip..

thanks guys :)

and Trip don't want to go alloy mad as they heavy enough allready haha

and i am in the habbit now of checking every screw before i go out and halfway through so should keep the truck together :)

hopefully will get some video's of it at the BMX track at weekend

Damn man, thats a huge field you got to run in. Wish we had something like that around here. Looks like you got a hell of a deal on that truck. Watching your vids makes me miss my FGs real bad. Hopefully someday I'll get another. Enjoy!!!!

If your talking about his black FG body its the standard FGMT body. You can fit it on your FG Monster. If your a basher I would recommend the MT body rather then the hummer due to the rear end breaks apart on the hummer after some rear landings.:(

Heres a update from today

My GPS on my nokia e71 said my car was pulling 38mph totally stock and not at full throtle as ran out of space on the test run :blush:

will do a few more tests but 38mph is awesome :cool2:

and i made some side covers too, keep the poop out and make it look nice

ignor the baby nitro car next to it :clown:

29032009419.jpg
29032009420.jpg
29032009421.jpg
29032009422.jpg
29032009423.jpg
29032009424.jpg

i love my FG :blush:

cant wait to get the disks allround as this thing takes days to slow down

Last edited by a moderator:
My apologies RC Mad... There was an old member on here crapping on the threads. I caught it and reported it to the mods... I guess they missed one of my complaints.. I will delete my post..

Trip..

What throttle/brake servo are you using? If it's the Hitec 645mg, I don't think they have enough torque to pull the stock rear disk.. Therefore it will take forever to stop the truck.. Switching over to a higher torque servo will work better.

If you plan to run front and rear cable brakes you will need one hell of a servo.. The Hitec 7955 is a good start, it has 333oz of torque at 6.0 volts and is almost twice as fast at .15 transit speed.

Trip..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks