My FG monster, looks like i got lucky in the end!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What throttle/brake servo are you using? If it's the Hitec 645mg, I don't think they have enough torque to pull the stock rear disk.. Therefore it will take forever to stop the truck.. Switching over to a higher torque servo will work better.

If you plan to run front and rear cable brakes you will need one hell of a servo.. The Hitec 7955 is a good start, it has 333oz of torque at 6.0 volts and is almost twice as fast at .15 transit speed.

Trip..

Hey Trip, i have a 645mg on my rear lay shaft disc brake, and it was rubish, untill i installed a carbon radio tray, to stop flex, and now it is great, still not as good as Hydros...

Really? Huh, I have a 645 (my good servos all burnt up lol) and even with an alloy radio tray, I have no brakes... I even disconnected the front cables, but I still have nothing for brakes... Cool that the 645 works for you in your setup!

I guess you learn something new everyday!!

Trip..

I like your side plates. I did the same thing and it really keeps the front tires from throwing crap inside.

Trip, I use the 5645MG for both my rear and fronts and I still need more. I will be swapping them out slowly to the DS8711 or the Z9100T. I agree the more torque you can afford the better for cable or stock brakes.:)

rcmad, I took Trips quote out.;)

im going to be running a sperate servo for the front brakes and get some really powerfull one for the rear disks

and i would love a carbon radio tray so if i have to get one i will, oh i can hear my bank screaming allready, will take a while to save up but will be awesome XD

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks