Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Large Scale RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Large Scale RC!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

My FG monster truck won't move

Discussion in 'FG Monster Truck / Beetle' started by Wheels, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Wheels

Wheels New Member

My FG monster truck won’t move under power, new clutch new gear wheels check grub screws new drive shaft, plenty of throttle so not carb, can anyone help
    Please
    Did run fine for a few mins then stopped and just reveverd, that’s why I replaces all the cogs shaft etc cost me 200 but still doing same

2. t2boats

t2boats Well-Known Member

Few little things to check:
    • Can you free-wheel it forwards and backwards by hand? Check all the drivetrain moves together and nothing jams
    • Your rear brake isn't being constantly applied?
    • Check alignment of engine, and that the layshaft behind then engine is meshing with the diff gear
    • Is there is a piece of debris (like a small stone etc) stuck in one of the driveshafts? This would certainly lock things up
    Hope you find the issue!

3. Wheels

Wheels New Member

Thanks, found the problem, the square blocks the rear wheels sit onto had come loose on the grub screws, once tighten up away she went
    Thanks for you help

t2boats likes this.
  4. voo2doo

voo2doo Moderator
    Staff Member

I was going to say that.I used to thread lock these in with red thread lock.
    J

5. t2boats

t2boats Well-Known Member

Weird you mentioned that lol after posting yesterday I did wonder about the square drives. Great it's mobile again for you!

6. voo2doo

voo2doo Moderator
    Staff Member

Also when using the FG plastic spurs the center got hot and rounded off .The crank would spin but the spur stayed still.
    J