My FG Sportsline build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find that the FG 2spd's are not that good, I went back to single speed, just went up 2 teeth on the steel pinion to to see how that goes, bought couple of them and some spurs to experiment. Bad ass pipe.

I find that the FG 2spd's are not that good, I went back to single speed, just went up 2 teeth on the steel pinion to to see how that goes, bought couple of them and some spurs to experiment. Bad ass pipe.

I'm running a 44/20 for 1st and 40/24 for 2nd
I'm going to try the 46/18 but I thought I would see how the 44/20 worked first I just got it together and went about 100 feet shifts a little fast but I didn't have time to adjust or play anymore something got into the rear and locked the drive train up. I can't win with this car. But I have to admit that if I left it alone i would probably be driving it now. So until I tear the rear apart I'll have to wait to adjust 2nd gear and try the 46/18 first gear.

Well I found the problem one of the nuts that hold the diff together came loose and wedged itself in between the belt and the diff so I used loctite on the rest of them and pulled the front apart and did the same to the front diff bolts. I was able to debur the pulley and the belt was fine so I'm back in business.
One thing I learned is when you get a new FG tear it down before you run it and loctite everything or else something will come apart.

Thanks I'm just waiting for the aluminum rear uprights to come off backorder as my rear caliper mount on the right rear ripped out of the plastic upright after that I should be good to go also a new set of tires I've wasted a few sets of rims with all these mishaps. Its a good thing these tires and rims are not that expensive. What is a good compound for front and rear for driving in parking lots for a 4wd? Thanks Mike

Thread revival here but loving the work gone into this, recently picked up a second hand one and no doubt ill follow in your foot steps with some of the upgrades!

nice work!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks