My first 1/5 gasser

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man who gives a feck,let the man break it in how he wants. Its like saying your 2 stroke oil is better then mine , who cares and not really.
Because the reasons for heat cycles don't apply to 2 strokes. No babbit bearings, no cam, and it had rings. So yeah no point in starting it and letting it idle. Been over this a million times. But your right not my engine, or one I built.

Did not know this was a hot topic....lol
My experience is with modded marine Zenoah(liquid cooled) engines. I heat the engine up with a heat gun(150F/180F). Start it, idle for 5min or so and shut her down. Back to room/garage temperature(water temp) 3 to 4 cycles.
I have heard the glazing debate....?.... Heating up the engine with the heat gun will....in my opinion....does not cause glazing. The engine is hot when you start it. I have not seen any of my marine engines with glazing. I have one top end rebuilt engine with 37+ hours and three race engines. Thanks Gizmo Motors.....

This is my first air cooled Zenoah....all bets are off....you guys know better than I.

Did not know this was a hot topic....lol
My experience is with modded marine Zenoah(liquid cooled) engines. I heat the engine up with a heat gun(150F/180F). Start it, idle for 5min or so and shut her down. Back to room/garage temperature(water temp) 3 to 4 cycles.
I have heard the glazing debate....?.... Heating up the engine with the heat gun will....in my opinion....does not cause glazing. The engine is hot when you start it. I have not seen any of my marine engines with glazing. I have one top end rebuilt engine with 37+ hours and three race engines. Thanks Gizmo Motors.....

This is my first air cooled Zenoah....all bets are off....you guys know better than I.
It doesn't matter if its water or air cooled, and largely people that didnt spend anytime dynoing engines to break them in never get it. You need dynamic load on the engine to force the rings out into the cylinder walls to properly seat them, the most critical.part of break in is in the first few minutes most spend at idle. Idle= no dynamic load, no dynamic load= poor ring load, poor ring load = glazing a cylinder. Plus its 2 stroke so we run them pig rich in the name of breaking them in. Which all can lead to glazing a cylinder. Temperature doesn't have anything to do with breaking the ring in, you just need to warm it up so you don't seize a piston. Then go get at it, it's not a nitro.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks