My first MCD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denz

hi guys,

i just got my first MCD RR EVO3 and im excited to run it, i know its too late now that summer is almost gone but im looking forward for it.

ive read about the first things you must do with an MCD and one of them is venting the tank, ive owned a HPI baja and it did not need venting so im not sure how to vent the MCD can some please teach me how to...you help is much appriciated. cheers all

Altontowers2009218.gif
Altontowers2009219.gif
Altontowers2009220.gif
Altontowers2009221.gif
Altontowers2009222.gif
Altontowers2009223.gif
Altontowers2009224.gif
Altontowers2009225.gif

I can't say for the mcd, but my fg tank vent is just a couple holes in the tank and a thick fuel line that exits the back of the chassis, going up near the roll bar near middle....

some do it to the tank cap.

Hello Denz,
Congratulations on your MCD. The paint job looks allot like mine with the blue in top and the number. Mine is white on the bottom and not gray though!
For venting the gas tank, what I did was punch a hole in the gas cap and out a little brass nipple with a fuel line connected to it, I attached the fuel line to another nipple connected to the chassis and exiting the bottom. The reason I put the fuel line with the vent is when I carry it I carry it from the front bumper and the fuel would leak from the vent hole. Problem solved!!!
Good luck

Hello Denz,
Congratulations on your MCD. The paint job looks allot like mine with the blue in top and the number. Mine is white on the bottom and not gray though!
For venting the gas tank, what I did was punch a hole in the gas cap and out a little brass nipple with a fuel line connected to it, I attached the fuel line to another nipple connected to the chassis and exiting the bottom. The reason I put the fuel line with the vent is when I carry it I carry it from the front bumper and the fuel would leak from the vent hole. Problem solved!!!
Good luck

thanks man for that tip, can i ask you one more thing, why do we need to vent the tank? what happens if i don't vent it? if it needs venting then why don't the manufacturer make one that is already vented?

the reason i ask is because my HPI 5B is not vented and its working alright.

cheers mate

Actually, Your HPI baja is vented. The vent there is that little pin hole on the gas cap. Were the lettering is! That is all it really needs.
If the tank was not vented, your engine will stall out due to vapor locks and such. It will basically not get the fuel to the carb either properly or at all.

Looking good Denz...Let me know if your gona take it out and i might pop over with my MT...

sure mate! i cant wait to run it, ive already ordered my servos so hopefully ill have it this weekend and i might able to finish running-in the engine, where about do you bash? we normally bash at Crystal palace park, and if my friend is up for it we might even go to your lacation for a bash meet. just let me know

Dennis

Really nice race runner, you should cut out the side window's. The will help with cooling the engine.

i was thinking about that also, ive seen a lot of RR's with the windows cut, thanks man

Actually, Your HPI baja is vented. The vent there is that little pin hole on the gas cap. Were the lettering is! That is all it really needs.
If the tank was not vented, your engine will stall out due to vapor locks and such. It will basically not get the fuel to the carb either properly or at all.

oohhh yeah!! :hammer: i didnt realize theres one lol, thanks man, ill do that.

Denz,
Check out the holes I put in my windows. I did it like this so it doesn't let rocks and crap get in!
https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=1575

Chris

hi Chris, yeah! thats a cracking!!! idea well done mate (you mind if i copy it? lol:devil2:), oh BTW i like the colour scheme veeeeeery nice!

i notice you went for the extended front shock tower, did you have to change shocks for the longer MT one? thanks

Dennis

Dennis
That is the EVO2 race runner. The shocks are just the way the buggy came. There is an upgrade for it though here is the link:
http://www.largescalerc.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=382
It's a bit pricey but it looks killer and works great too.
Thanks for the props about the color scheme. You are more than welcome to copy the holes in the window. I would highly recommend you get a reamer like this one:
http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.665/.f
I took it off of the handle and attached it to my power drill. It made a job that would have taken 5 hours take only 20 minutes.
You want to make sure you draw out the pattern with a sharpie of were you want the holes that way they line up nicely!

Chris

sure mate! i cant wait to run it, ive already ordered my servos so hopefully ill have it this weekend and i might able to finish running-in the engine, where about do you bash? we normally bash at Crystal palace park, and if my friend is up for it we might even go to your lacation for a bash meet. just let me know

Dennis

Can always meet you up Palace, used to race there with my FG on road, then we could always go for a drive over to dartford, what ever really mate, just good to get out and bash with someone...

Am waiting on some parts at mo, so hopefully the will be here before the weekend, then i can get it all back together...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks