my mcd-V4MT.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well its ready to run now.....:D.....so hopefully this wk end weather permitting...:cool:......busy day yesterday....fitted switchblade kill switch with soldered in xt60 to make engine outs easier.......4x way direct servo power lead....losi 5ive extended hubs...and 2x new front roll cage bars.....had 1x of the 2 engine bolts round out.....had to drill it in the end after heat didn't work.....it was b`tard tight.:mad:..so tight it snapped my mac bit...:eek:...luckly had a new fan cover here from my 5ive which was exact fit......result!:D!
20180318_134653 by evssv, on Flickr
20180318_145713 by evssv, on Flickr
20180318_154219 by evssv, on Flickr
20180318_151244 by evssv, on Flickr

hope you manage to get out Mike, I'm still stuck away at sea. home next tuesday for 2weeks, so should have time to breathe some life into my largescales for once! :D

Yeah it'll be mild, but now they're forecasting another cold snap over Easter :D SNOWWW!! At last, I'll hopefully see some, I keep missing it as it falls when I'm working away. Time to stoke up the FG 4WD Monster Beetle!

all was going well until half way through 2nd tank......then it made a crunchy crunchy noise.....o_O..so play time over time to go home and investigate.....that don't look right....:confused:
20180325_162158 by evssv, on Flickr
or that
20180325_162627 by evssv, on Flickr
melted the gear plate....:oops:
20180325_162642 by evssv, on Flickr
I forgot it was set up as a rrv4.....not a mt....with big ass wheels...:oops:..

Great fun eh Mike! How did the body clip manage to bend upwards?! lol.. We'll definitely have to arrange a meet somewhere when sun is shining.
it did a big ass cartwheel at flat out speed :eek:so I guess the body musta bent it up......lucky no damage to the hole area....:D...yeah def up for that dude....;)....I need to find out what gearing the mt uses.....

My CEN is based on the MCD too, it's still fitted with the stock nylon gear train. I've looked everywhere for the steel upgrades. Found a set for £87 but sold out and no stock for what seems donkeys years. Wheelspin have a set though........for £161 pounds...... £161 POUNDS!!! HOW CAN THEY SLEEP AT NIGHT?!?!?! :eek:

My CEN is based on the MCD too, it's still fitted with the stock nylon gear train. I've looked everywhere for the steel upgrades. Found a set for £87 but sold out and no stock for what seems donkeys years. Wheelspin have a set though........for £161 pounds...... £161 POUNDS!!! HOW CAN THEY SLEEP AT NIGHT?!?!?! :eek:
HOW MUCH!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:!

That's horrendous money.... it'll work out way cheaper for me to take my 4 nylon gears with me to my local machinist, give them to him and he can knock a set up. I took a few gears to him a few years back, he made 1 up, a direct replica of 2nd gear in a nitro Monster Truck gearbox from ali, it was spot on - for only £18. He said if I wanted more replicas of that it would cost less... and seen as these 4 gears on my CEN are simple compared to the 2nd gear off that old MT nitro (it was hollow and with pins inside), it will cost less - take less time and use less material.

That's great you've got one Mike, I simply haven't had time over Easter, been too busy as the kids were off school. I'll look to get one which I put the link to the other week. And a set of steel gears!

That's great you've got one Mike, I simply haven't had time over Easter, been too busy as the kids were off school. I'll look to get one which I put the link to the other week. And a set of steel gears!
yeah cost me £160 for the privilege though....:eek:......but I needed it as I could see me killing plastic ones every bash.......:rolleyes:...I got that plastic one here if u need a spare dude.....it`ll fit urs....jus not a mcd.....

Mine's a CEN, I think they're all the same aren't they?! made from the same template anyway. I'll get one of the ali carriers soon hopefully, had so much planned for the last two weeks and didn't really get around to doing anything. Just marked out a trail crawling course with 8 gates for my son and I to do, he kept getting his Outback stuck on the rocks, mounting the diff housing on a rock which he'd try to drive over in the centre of the axle. Needs to plan his route better. Took the Ascender Bronco over the course, easily done it. That's all we got up to really cos the weather was absolutely naff down my way.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks