My Monster Buggy pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see a new member with such an old model still up and going. Naked though? Could always make up a tube chassis for it. That would look cool.:cool2:

Did a little search on tower for a few parts... doesn't look like they still sell parts there.
The good news however, www.buytraxxas.com still sells them. GPMD doesn't appear to be interested in selling/distributing the products any more.

I love to talk smack about traxxas cuz of how brittle their vehicles are... how many re-releases of the same old product with a different wheel color and body (apparently thats enough to make it a "NEW" truck)... how they try to make new classes rather than participate in existing classes... every vehicle has a MPH advertisement on the box... they won't sell a vehicle other than RTR... their term of RTR meaning "READY TO RACE", except almost all of their cars aren't race legal out of the box...

But one thing I give them kudos for is how they STILL make/sell parts for old rigs like this one.

The HPI vs Traxxas battle used to he healthy... where is Traxxas's re-release, update, or new 1/5 scale? I wouldn't mind it, because you KNOW that all hobbyshops WILL sell it. our hobbytown's hesitate to sell anything but a Traxxas!

Last edited:
Your buggy look's to be in great shape. Did you have to do anything to get it running?

I know it's four months later, sorry for the delay. :)

All I did was clean out the fuel system with denatured alcohol and it fired right up. I put a new spark plug in for good measure, but it ran on the old plug.

That thing looks cool.
You were saying that Traxxas is not making 1/5 scale to compete with HPI.. I think it's because they are too concentrated on the next best thing for them (At the moment is the Sort course trucks).. I think a 1/5 might be too much of an undertaking and HPI has too much of a following for the Baja..

Chris

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks