My Monster Buggy pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The front tires are what we all need for 2wd. I don't understand why more don't offer a ribbed tire...

if you can find them, traxxas sold a set of hardened shock shafts for these. the rears especially need them. great old buggy you have there. just don't go crazy jumping and it'll last a long while

hello

I was thinking about selling my 2 (two) monster buggies
because my wife has lost interest in racing.

are these buggies wanted by anyone anymore???

mike

They are. You need the right person. eBay is the best to get to those people. I still don't think they go for much. May be best to keep them and use them once in a while. Better then giving them away.

well, the move right now is to sell them.

so once I get back home they will be

"on the e-bay" site.

HPI 5B is next on the to do list
big gas is just too much fun.

mike

Hey Texas Wheelman, any tips on the MB? I just picked one up on ebay. I can't wait to get it, but since parts are scarce, I'd want pick any spares that are necessary. Thanks.

monster buggy

I talked to traxxas about a year ago and was told that they no longer made it but but still had parts support so see if they still do. I had a MB many years ago it as a good car in its day.

Although my monster buggy was just in a pretty bad mishap recently after 7 years in storage, its been a better and stronger car than my HPI Baja clone the King Motors Baja which is why I pulled the Monster Buggy out into service again....If you call Traxxas you can get certain parts but not all...my replacements will be here on Monday or Tuesday with spares of course....

They must of made different versions of the Monster Buggy because my buggy slightly differs from the MB's pictured by the other members here in this forum...My buggy has two 1/4 scale steering servos and a 1/8 scale metal gear servo for the throttle/brake and it came stock in the box with a Mitsubishi 26cc engine not the 23cc Traxxas stated they come with in their ads.....Good luck with the MB's of the other members here and lets see some more pics of others aswell...

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Thats the way it came...One good thing about that engine is the pullstarter doesn't get all jammed up from dirt and debris like my King Motors 5b

When I e-mailed Traxxas a little while ago about parts for the Monster Buggy they sent me this reply..

Hello,

The Monster Buggy is no longer in production but we are still making parts for it. We have never kept many parts in stock for it though and few shops ever stocked parts for it.

The tuned exhaust is part 6150 and we do have it in stock. The optional gears in the transmission section are in stock as well.

Regards,
Steve

As long as Steves info is spot-on I'd say Monster Buggy owners will be enjoying them a little longer...That e-mail was good news for me.

Heres my repair parts I ordered

010.jpg

Heres the MB back and ready for action again

012.jpg

016.jpg

037.jpg

Took it out for a spin with my custom made buggy today..Good to have it back in the lineup again

036.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to see it going again.I to have a 5b 5t fgmt traveller.I have been keeping my eyes open to purchase a traxxas mb but have not seen one for sale for a very long time.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks