my new fg 4wd baja

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirza

Reading the Rules!
Just picked up my FG Baja 4WD and am very excited, its my 5th large scale
smile.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/fgbaja1.jpg/

Looking good...

I run an FG tuned pipe and it goes well and its not too loud...good all round pipe
some are good for low end grunt and others for top end but the FG tuned pipe is a good all rounder..

yeah go the tuned pipe, very smooth power delivery and the two piece makes removal real easy.

enjoy the new ride, their an awesome bit of kit, i bought one new about 18months ago and have put over 90 tanks through it and it has been very reliable. id recomend alloy engine mounts as a must, a steel spur is good and if you don't like understeer get a sway bar coz these have allot of understeer.

Thanks guys.

I am waiting for the DDM dominator pipe. After that I'll replace the stock carb with walbro 813 carb which i think gives more punch at the bottom. Other upgrades will be shocks, cvd shafts, an o'neill brothers ported set, alloy engine mounts and alloy shock tower, alloy belt pully and tensioner. The rest Ill leave as it is.

As for handling how does this differs compared with the HPI baja?

its a great pipe, just remember the body's going to need to be trimmed before you run it and sometimes the small bracket that attaches to the gear plate will need to be widened as well, prepare for noise :D

its a great pipe, just remember the body's going to need to be trimmed before you run it and sometimes the small bracket that attaches to the gear plate will need to be widened as well, prepare for noise :D

Gone for the FG samba v2, fits really nicely with plenty off room for maintenance. i really like the fact its not to loud but yet adds so much toque and top end and at £80 brand new i cant complain.

Gone for the FG samba v2, fits really nicely with plenty off room for maintenance. i really like the fact its not to loud but yet adds so much toque and top end and at £80 brand new i cant complain.
how you doing,nice baja,ive always fancied 4wd ,the fg baja or mcd rr/ralley are my favourites! i see you are going to have alot of fun with it, i have a friend thats has one with a stock 28.5cc engine and a jetpro.....goes like stink and handles really well!

also recomend you change the grease in those shocks, i think they come stock with 4,000wt but ive changed to 2,000wt. stock its just going to bounce around coz way too firm

Check out Ebay, else any of the major stores.
Hobbythek always have a full selection, but you might find it closer to home - Ross Mods, MMR, etc.

Al.

Checked out a few on eBay but im not sure if its the right one.

Just brought a new shell from Rossmods, anyone got a guide/tutorial on how to paint RC bodies?

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks