My new heli

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamchrome

Esky belt CP.
Some pics next to the Baja and a Eflight blade CX2.

Attachments

• Belt CP and CX2.jpg
    Belt CP and CX2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 27
  • Belt CP and Spektrum DX6.jpg
    Belt CP and Spektrum DX6.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Esky Belt CP 002.jpg
    Esky Belt CP 002.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Heli and Baja1.jpg
    Heli and Baja1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Heli and Baja2.jpg
    Heli and Baja2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 22
Sweet! I've been thinking about getting one in the spring or summer. How long have you been flying?

What do you recommend for a first chopper? Is the E-Flite CX2 good? How long does a battery last on those things? Okay to fly them outside if it isn't too windy?

CX2 is agreat LITTLE heli and will teach basic movements and is not recomended for outdoor use.(I did) Very lite to zero wind.
It is really fun and is easy to learn on.
This one is collective pitch and I can hover pretty already.

Sweet! I've been thinking about getting one in the spring or summer. How long have you been flying?

What do you recommend for a first chopper? Is the E-Flite CX2 good? How long does a battery last on those things? Okay to fly them outside if it isn't too windy?

CX2 is real easy to get used too. I learned on it. Wind? No good but fun to fight it out when it is windy, thats mostly how I learned real quick what was what. That's also when I found the ZAP sealant for repairs I use on everything now. You get about 8-15 min per battery charge. Always depends on how much the battery is being used. (LIPO) The thing is not a acrobat and after you get used to it you will want something that can handle banking, turning, and speed better without flex and instability. For a 1st timer its great, cheap to crash and I know I shouldn't say it but its fun inside too, thats mostly where my damage came from.:blush:

I love the new looking heli your showing above how is the handling and what level should you be before attempting it?

I have researched alot before buying this heli,Its $200 RTF (stock radio) and shares alot with the $500 Blade 400 (only because of the Spektrum DX6i) and The almighty T-Rex.
Its a stable set-up and has alot.. ALOT more power than the CX2.
Shouldnt be to much of a big challenge if your comming from the CX2.
Some say get the T-Rex right off.. I think for $200 ill stay this route until I get very good with this one.
Plus this radio will follow me to another heli anyway.

That great you like the heli's . im afraid to buy one .. gravity always wins and i could see myself dumping alot of money into another rc and watching it get wrecked in one crash .. i'd like to see a video of it some day though .

Cheers

maybe nobody can be bothered joining another forum to have a peek, I know i can't as I'm not a "heli freak" but would still like to see whats at the end of that link

I don't know what the big deal of joining is. Anyways guys this is the ircha 2007 heli event. It has all the top pilots from around the world. Very cool to watch. I only posted it here as some have shown interest in heli's by the topic started. It is free and the quality is great.

Great vid I too love my heli's I currently have 5 of them my favorite being my pair of Xcell Gassers one has a modded 23cc gas engine in it and one is stock going scale toying with the idea of a Sikrosky sky crane or civillian bell 222

I have researched alot before buying this heli,Its $200 RTF (stock radio) and shares alot with the $500 Blade 400 (only because of the Spektrum DX6i) and The almighty T-Rex.
Its a stable set-up and has alot.. ALOT more power than the CX2.
Shouldnt be to much of a big challenge if your comming from the CX2.
Some say get the T-Rex right off.. I think for $200 ill stay this route until I get very good with this one.
Plus this radio will follow me to another heli anyway.

Where did you pick that up for 200 bucks?? I have a CX that I'm upgrading the core from the stock blade to the ones that can be turned back. with new motors and a 900ma battery. Just ordered the parts a few days ago. Nice heli for 200 bucks rtf

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks