My new radio is crazy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powerhouse

Hey guys, I bought a Hitec Aggressor, 75mhz, I know its not the greatest, but it has a range of about 60 feet, or about 20meters then the throttle cuts out. When I'm right beside it it works good, then about 20 feet away the throttle is intermittent, then all the sudden there is nothing. Also when my car, a monster beetle, has the receiver turned on without the transmitter on or engine running, the servos glitch non stop. It has a jetpro pipe and I'm wondernig if thats interfering. I tried moving the battery, taking off the fail safe, moving the antena around and no difference. I read in the manual that is there is metal on metal contact it can do that, now is that related to the antena thouching metal? Thanks guys any help is appreciated. Also doenst say anywhere, but what kind of range can be expected with this transmitter? I'm thinking better than 60 feet.

Last edited:
Buy a ghz spectrum type and be done with it. There are a few cheaper broad spectrum models out there. I think you can find one from tower hobbies. You are getting interference. Its not worth destroying your investment into a wall, car, or running away...:no:

the rx antenna has to be straight without overlapping wire. if possible try a different set of crystals, or swap receivers. also check that the radio antenna hasn't come unscrewed. I have also seen that inside the radio the wire that goes to the antenna has come loose on some radios.

hi all

i just brought a mx3-fg fhss -2 radio about 1 month ago and there great radios for the price ...got a fantastic range..so far i took it to about 140mtrs away and no prob,,,if your after a cheap 2.4ghz i would recommend one of these without hesitation

ambro

Sounds like there's an issue with any one of the things pipeous mentioned.THe white wire going to the antenna breaking is a lot more common than you might think... If you unscrew it on a regular basis at all i would recomend cecking that first as i've had a lot of them break on past radios. Check those first and if all is well then it may just be a crappy radio.

I just got a 3pm-x 2.4ghz FASST unit and love it. I've been told the range can be well over 1000 feet. I've personally been to about 550-600 without issue, i could barely even see the car or what direction it was facing, but i had total control and i was just standing on the street, not elevated or on a hill at all and it was great.

I've read of lots of people with dx3 range issues but really like the look better, but i chose the futaba on great reviews and a good past track record

EDIT: my stock HPI radio (tx and rx only) hasn't even been through one set of batteries before i bought my 3PM, i might be willing to sell it if you can't get yours working right

Last edited:
i had one of those radio's before and ya you should get alot more range than that. but don't feel bad i'm running a tq3 traxxas radio right now. lol going to get a futaba fast for xmas.

Make sure your receiver antenna is nice and high on the car.

Servo glitching is inevitable with those types of TX's.. Watch out when you go to tune your motor, as soon as you touch metal to metal, the thing will awaken.

If you have allot of CF on your car that causes interference as well.

Chris

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks