My next project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OuttaLuck

I bought this 1985 kx80 for $150 I know it looks pretty bad

9e43f46d.jpg

Left fork leg was compressed seized and full of mud, seat cover destroyed and faded plastics

But the good thing is the engine still on its standard piston size and has plenty compression, i bought it home cleaned the gummed up carbie and bang 2nd kick she started right up :D

love my vintage motorcycles this will be a full restoration wish me luck

Some more pics

IMG_1065.jpg
IMG_1067.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that brings back memory's. My first 2 stroke was an 84 kx80. Their power bands were so sudden and scary lol.

Congrats on the new project.!!!.

Yeah they're a great old bike, no power valves in this old girl just pure neck snapping powerband:D

quick update: stripped and painted the frame

IMG_1074.jpg
stripped it back to bare metal using paint stripper and a wire brush

IMG_1075.jpg
white primer and ready to go

IMG_1077.jpg
Painted in satin black

Last edited:
Will look like it just come out the factory when you finished :cool2:
What's hiding under the sheet with a wheel sticking out to tease us? :w00t:

We lost my granny the other week in her biddy chariot......cant see any puddles of piss on the floor tho :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Will look like it just come out the factory when you finished :cool2:
What's hiding under the sheet with a wheel sticking out to tease us? :w00t:

Thx guys, yeah im going all out with this build complete engine gasket n oil seal kit, new oem plastic kit, swing arm needle bearings, wheel bearings ect, should look and ride like new

Under the cover is my Edge sidewinder buggy that i built 10 years ago, has a 650 honda dominator or honda xr engine, has electric start, front n rear disc brakes its alot of fun

06b4af4d.jpg
7e12819c.jpg

Thx guys, yeah im going all out with this build complete engine gasket n oil seal kit, new oem plastic kit, swing arm needle bearings, wheel bearings ect, should look and ride like new

Under the cover is my Edge sidewinder buggy that i built 10 years ago, has a 650 honda dominator or honda xr engine, has electric start, front n rear disc brakes its alot of fun

06b4af4d.jpg
7e12819c.jpg

Great looking rig.

In a funny 'Top Gear' sort of way, wouldn't it be nice if it were remote controlled? !!!

Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks