My O'neill Brothers Motors!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dscjester

Hey guys! I don't see to many threads about OBR. But when I do, it's usually asking, are they any good? Well i'm here to show you they are! So sit back, turn your speakers up and enjoy!

Here are a couple of my buddies

http://www.oneillbrothers.com/

Sean and Dan are great guys to deal with and will help you out in any way they can! :cup-1:

Just tell them,,,, Jester sent you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Talk about them all the time maybe not on this forum but many others. Yes they do really nice work and give GREAT customer service. I have talked to them a couple of times in the past couple of week. They never seem to mind talking to you! They do not BS you and tell you like it is.

So far all I got from them is a race ported machined 30.5 kit. Very nice work. I just got the engine together and in my 5B and hope to start breaking it in tomorrow. I will be doing more business with them in the near future.

The thing is, as good as these videos & engines may be, they can't be used as a reference as to how good the engines actually are unless they're tested on a track under test conditions rather than blasting around a field or car park.

The thing is, as good as these videos & engines may be, they can't be used as a reference as to how good the engines actually are unless they're tested on a track under test conditions rather than blasting around a field or car park.

I just wish large scale racing was half as popular here as over there. I agree to me the proof is in a day of racing. When I talked to OBR they do not recommend the full modified motors for racing. They are mostly for HP junkies. This is why they all so have race ported which is smother through the RPM range.

OBR do a LOT of RD work and testing try to improve their work. Not long ago they came out with a long rod 27.2 claiming 7.5 HP. They all so do long blocks.
http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rc-car/engines-1/full-mod-zenoah-4-bolt-27-2cc-engine-long-rod.html
Long block
http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rc-car/engines-1/full-mod-27-2cc-long-block-long-rod.html

IMO an engine is good if it works well and is reliable for what you want to use it for.

Fair point but how can people recomend them if there is nothing to compare it too.

There are no tracks in my area. I recommend them from the power they put out the rpm they make and there customer service is amazing! You can watch vids with similar setup and pipes and not hear them climb like the OBR motors. The vids are to show what they do and what they can do and how they run. Not to compare.

would mine take off like that if i had that pipe on my 5t with my Pro Mx 30.5 ??
because the ss pipe i have at the mo is terrible!! :blush:

I don't mean like the one in your vid but will it be alot better on low end? with that pipe?

cheers

Fair point but how can people recomend them if there is nothing to compare it too.

Most bashers will compare them against the stock engine they were running previously or a mates car who they go bashing with. If the economy is down and you have to fill up 10mins early, 99.9% of bashers wouldnt care so long as it went like a bullet for 25mins :w00t: These unofficial reports filter there way onto sites such as this and word gets around whether they are any good or not! Its by no means a level comparison like you would get round a track but for bashing the guys don't have the perfect set-up, the best tyres, etc etc so it wouldnt be a level comparison anyway. Even if I put a race tuned engine in my marder it wouldnt get round the field any quicker than stock cos of the limits of my totally std car and moreso my limits as a driver :lol::lol:

For racing I totally agree with you that the only place to test a race tuned engine is in the environment in which it will be used. As you say, its not all about big hp but smooth power delivery, reliability, economy etc.

would mine take off like that if i had that pipe on my 5t with my Pro Mx 30.5 ??

I don't mean like the one in your vid but will it be alot better on low end? with that pipe?

cheers

What are you trying to say? If I were you, I would stick with your SS pipe! I'm sure it works great on your 30.5. Goodluck

Most bashers will compare them against the stock engine they were running previously or a mates car who they go bashing with. If the economy is down and you have to fill up 10mins early, 99.9% of bashers wouldnt care so long as it went like a bullet for 25mins :w00t: These unofficial reports filter there way onto sites such as this and word gets around whether they are any good or not! Its by no means a level comparison like you would get round a track but for bashing the guys don't have the perfect set-up, the best tyres, etc etc so it wouldnt be a level comparison anyway. Even if I put a race tuned engine in my marder it wouldnt get round the field any quicker than stock cos of the limits of my totally std car and moreso my limits as a driver :lol::lol:

For racing I totally agree with you that the only place to test a race tuned engine is in the environment in which it will be used. As you say, its not all about big hp but smooth power delivery, reliability, economy etc.

I think you're doing yourself a disservice, I know a few people who have used fairley stock marders and hpi baja with a standard engines and made good results - maybe not in the top ten but not a million miles off either.

I think you're doing yourself a disservice, I know a few people who have used fairley stock marders and hpi baja with a standard engines and made good results - maybe not in the top ten but not a million miles off either.

If there were only 9 starting I doubt I would make a top 10 finish :badair:

Get yourself over to the Nook raceway this weekend and have a play.

Ive got some drinking to do this weekend cos worked the last 2 and working again next weekend so it will be just off to the local park for a couple of hours with the FG and the kids & their Lunchboxes.

When I was racing a stock 26 motor with a good pipe and tuned properly was all I needed. Those OBR twins are too much power for me but they are cool. I like watching the videos and would like to see one run in person. All so my pockets are not that deep. If I could afford one of them I would rather get a MCD RR V4 Comp. LOL

When I was racing a stock 26 motor with a good pipe and tuned properly was all I needed. Those OBR twins are too much power for me but they are cool. I like watching the videos and would like to see one run in person. All so my pockets are not that deep. If I could afford one of them I would rather get a MCD RR V4 Comp. LOL

mcd v4 with a twin ? :lol::lol:

cheers

There are a LOT off better pipes out there. I saw a dyno sheet on the SS pipe versus the stock can on a stock motor and there was not much gain with the SS pipe over the stock can. Yes I know here be go back to dynos but it does give a good idea. LOL

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks