My self mod DOM V1 5B/5T on TT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larryo

HI i got this pipe new from DDM v1,and only had to make one cut and weld to make if fit my TT.
This pipe is a nice thick pipe to work with, and once the RPM come up on the engine and start to working with this pipe it pulls hard.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Yes i have ran this pipe with no issues,this setup pulls hard in the mid range and top end.But my truck is not stock,the engine is a 30.5 with a stuff crank and a 8000 spring in the clutch system.If i can get a good day i'll get a vid of the truck before a start the port work on the head and piston.

Looks good dude. I have a tt as well. From the looks of the pipe mount you don't run a cage or body. Looks good tho. I got that dom on my dune runner and the side dom on the tt.

nice job, when the rampage first came out no one was making pipes for it...a guy called sprint77 on the forums started modding the v1's but turning them the other way...
they run real well
i wanted to tuck them down lower to fit my cages
so this one i recut the end and faced it backwards on my mt
DSC00702.jpg
DSC00701.jpg

on my tt i flipped a v1 similar to yours but the other way, also twisted it rearwards more tucked it down lower to fit under my cage

DSC00577.jpg
DSC00581.jpg

i also modded a 5b vrc rear propipe for the mt

DSC01113.jpg
DSC00858.jpg
i found you can cut and fit pipes to fit just about anywhere...as long as you keep the bends smooth and keep the same lengths they perform the same as before hacking commenced...

Last edited:
Sprint77 does a nice job on his mod pipes.But i am a welder by trade so i can do the work my self,and i have done the same pipe on a XB for a friend.
And yes if you keep your bends smooth and keep the same lengths they perform the same as before.But you can play with pipe lengths and make the engine perform better at diff RPM,change you power band.

THX Vtx_f, i am now rebuilding all the cv axles in my TT with off the shelf parts not from redcat and stuff from the auto store.I might put it up as a how to get you out of a jam.
We got snow not so there is no run time for me so it's build time.and engine piston mod and port head time.My main rc hobby is gas boats,with full self modded engines.The gas trucks is kind new but it's the same as the nitro truck just much better lol.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks