My two Losi-5ive-Ts. OBR 30,5cc renovated and OBR 32cc new first break-in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrFnisse

Just wanted to share our first run with the used OBR 30,5 engine I bought a while back. Was in a bad condition but now renovated with new piston and cylinder. Also first run and break-in of my OBR 32cc engine. Running really nice so far and sounds sweet.
Short and pointless video but still wanted to share the lovely noise ;)

And some pics before and after engine swap and before and after track day :)
DSC_0172_preview.jpegDSC_0169_preview.jpegDSC_0174_preview.jpeg DSC_0180_preview.jpeg DSC_0184_preview.jpeg DSC_0194_preview.jpeg

sweet dude....what r the things around the heads????

I am guessing you are referring to the heat-shields? I never had overheating issues with the cars before when bashing but recently started to race (me and my brother, bought the Losi with the yellow shock covers for him) and the 15 min heats proved difficult heat-wise during the summer. So on the Losi with the stock body (Red Bull, Blue one) I just installed MCDs heatshield and on the Losi with the blue shock covers I installed Grafils overpriced heat-exhaust (poor build quality and finish tbh). This will blow out air through a hole in the side window on the buggy body. Not present on the pictures, they were taken before.
Yesterday during break-in I noticed there was a real strong blow out from it so I am convinced it will work really well. On the stock body losi it will not really blow it out of the body but there the shield will hopefully prevent the metal parts on the servo and battery case to overheat as it did during the race-days. Seemed to work during the break-in but engines are not at max temp there yet ofc.

Other than that I just installed two Tachs/hour meters on the plug wires. Don't really need the tach but want to follow up with proper service on the engine and run timers will help with that. Usually used on cross-bikes.

I am guessing you are referring to the heat-shields? I never had overheating issues with the cars before when bashing but recently started to race (me and my brother, bought the Losi with the yellow shock covers for him) and the 15 min heats proved difficult heat-wise during the summer. So on the Losi with the stock body (Red Bull, Blue one) I just installed MCDs heatshield and on the Losi with the blue shock covers I installed Grafils overpriced heat-exhaust (poor build quality and finish tbh). This will blow out air through a hole in the side window on the buggy body. Not present on the pictures, they were taken before.
Yesterday during break-in I noticed there was a real strong blow out from it so I am convinced it will work really well. On the stock body losi it will not really blow it out of the body but there the shield will hopefully prevent the metal parts on the servo and battery case to overheat as it did during the race-days. Seemed to work during the break-in but engines are not at max temp there yet ofc.

Other than that I just installed two Tachs/hour meters on the plug wires. Don't really need the tach but want to follow up with proper service on the engine and run timers will help with that. Usually used on cross-bikes.
yeah...I guessed they may b sum type of shield..:)..and ovb u get a lot hotter weather over there unlike us here in the cold ..dank...wet uk....:(

yeah...I guessed they may b sum type of shield..:)..and ovb u get a lot hotter weather over there unlike us here in the cold ..dank...wet uk....:(
I am from Sweden so our weather is not much better. Probably wont be any issues during the fall and winter months but no races then either just bashing.

On the buggy one I run a triton setup.
https://www.zappenduster-rc.de/triton-dual-steering-fuer-den-losi-5ive-mit-triton-switch.html

And on the Red Bull Losi I use a Hot-Racing tray, this one came with the car I bought used.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img...VE-T-For-SAVOX0236-HRC35765S/32349870619.html

The Triton one feels more well built and is much nicer to the servos. The Hot-Racing one will probably end up killing the servos.
Other then that it was just to lift out the old battery/servo tray and change the steering arm on the servo saver post.

Just wanted to share our first run with the used OBR 30,5 engine I bought a while back. Was in a bad condition but now renovated with new piston and cylinder. Also first run and break-in of my OBR 32cc engine. Running really nice so far and sounds sweet.
Short and pointless video but still wanted to share the lovely noise ;)

And some pics before and after engine swap and before and after track day :)
View attachment 44621View attachment 44620View attachment 44622 View attachment 44623 View attachment 44624 View attachment 44625
NICELY DONE, ANT OPEN ENGINE PICS?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks