my xrc car gear mod :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xrcking

ok i have had this car about a week bought it from a friend that was sick of the gear stripping. so i got just the car not the transmitter for £20 lol.

Image014.gif

and thought i would mess with it . anyway i went through a few ideas stripping gears as i went , then the last idea worked and worked very well so i though i would share the mod as i have seen lots of posts on net talking about the gears stripping :)

Image013.gif

so what i did was buy new gears lol then bought 2 bearing rod ends from a bearing place near me i took the clutch bell to a engineers and paid them to drill and tap and die a thread in the end of the clutch bell.

then just put it all together as in pic ^^^^ and perfection i can rag my car allover not thinking are the gears stripped yet lol

if this helps anyone please let me know i like to help

thx alot for reading my post take care all and have fun

p.s these cars are well woth there money with this mod even if bought new i have had no other problems with it other than gears stripping my m8 is gutted :)

£5 for the clutch bell and £10 for the rod ends £0 for my time :) so no lol i do not class the gears as i would have to buy them anyway :)

really well just as good as any 2.4 both my m8 have the best spectrum transmitters mine responds just as good only thing difference it they have more functions but imo i do not need all them functions as it does what you need it to do and its only £64 on ebay shipped to your door awsome and cheap 10 times better than 27mhz transmitters hope this helped

i have noticed that the rod ends i use get hot quick so im going to try and get bearing rod ends so they will not heat up

really well just as good as any 2.4 both my m8 have the best spectrum transmitters mine responds just as good only thing difference it they have more functions but imo i do not need all them functions as it does what you need it to do and its only £64 on ebay shipped to your door awsome and cheap 10 times better than 27mhz transmitters hope this helped

Ah good, I have been using 40Mhz FM and never had a problem but I have just bought a 2.4Ghz with five recivers for my cars,save carrying two trannies around,its not the top of the range but its 2.4 and thats all I need.
Good luck with the mod.
J.

looks like a good idea, does it hit any bodywork with it sticking out.
Whats with the rear wheels on the wrong direction lol, they look like mutilator wheels.

lol the xrc boddy shell only covers the front and abit of the side of the car an i never really looked at the wheels when i put them on lol ill corect it b4 i post more pics lol

Ive used this mod of xrcking and it fantastic thanks to him my car is flying, thanks to tongham runfold for the link to MCGILL motor sports this forum is great gasman.

ok i have had this car about a week bought it from a friend that was sick of the gear stripping. so i got just the car not the transmitter for £20 lol.

Image014.gif

and thought i would mess with it . anyway i went through a few ideas stripping gears as i went , then the last idea worked and worked very well so i though i would share the mod as i have seen lots of posts on net talking about the gears stripping :)

Image013.gif

so what i did was buy new gears lol then bought 2 bearing rod ends from a bearing place near me i took the clutch bell to a engineers and paid them to drill and tap and die a thread in the end of the clutch bell.

then just put it all together as in pic ^^^^ and perfection i can rag my car allover not thinking are the gears stripped yet lol

if this helps anyone please let me know i like to help

thx alot for reading my post take care all and have fun

p.s these cars are well woth there money with this mod even if bought new i have had no other problems with it other than gears stripping my m8 is gutted :)

just looking around saw this then found this
is it the same mod??

Last edited by a moderator:
xrc mod

Hi, i used m6 y26 one of and one sak6b these have 6mm hole because my big spur cog had a 6mm thread in the end of the shaft but my mates had a 5mm thread in his so he used two m5026 hope this helps gasman.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks