My XRC project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FG ONICS

Started off like this
BDJ0tB2kKGrHqMOKjsEwQKvWdqKBMLyjWn5.gif
now it looks this well almost its missing its engine atm as im building it haha
IMAGE_032.gif
IMAGE_035.gif

Plans
29cc big bore
stroked crank
813 carb
---
Still to purchase
7403 FG/Mielke Big-Power
boost bottle
gear cover
----
bits to fabricate
diff housing
front fog lights
rear fogs
rear wheel arch covers

will add a ton of more pics next week when new phone turns up.

Cheers

nice mate, XRC was my first largescale rc and started my addiction, look foward to watching the build. Would be interesting to see if you could adapt FG off road engine mounts so you can change the angle the engine sits on, would make it allot easier to find pipes and wouldnt have the air filter sticking up through the cage like that.

cheers mate,

small update whilst im still waiting for my engine to turn up :(
made a diff cover with some personal injury to go with it, drill bit shatterd oweeee

IMAG0008.gif

IMAG0009.gif

not pretty but it'll work 2mm steel :O

IMAG0007.gif

OW

& i broke this.... oops
IMAG0005.gif

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this is wanted URgENTLY

Last edited:
ah wheel square, i believe DDM stock these, theve been revised, grub screws now go in on the side instead of middle, they don't come loose anywhere near as aften!

Get FG diff output cup and FG bevel gear in the diff, because the XRC cup will last you about 5 minutes with that engine.

Next step is to uppgrade the gear plate/clutch bell system, if not, the gears will skip teeth.

ah wheel square, i believe DDM stock these, theve been revised, grub screws now go in on the side instead of middle, they don't come loose anywhere near as aften!
cheers got some now :)
Get FG diff output cup and FG bevel gear in the diff, because the XRC cup will last you about 5 minutes with that engine.

Next step is to uppgrade the gear plate/clutch bell system, if not, the gears will skip teeth.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270610028092&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

this?

got any part numbers?

cheers

last update for a few days until more bits turn up.

got the engine today not happy with postage tho. £9+ for an engine to be posted in a jiffy bag :O,

anyways pics engine fitted still needs exhaust, fuel tank turned round & big bore kit fitted.
IMAG0015.gif
IMAG0014.gif

heres the big bore fitted
IMAG0016.gif

fuel tank turned round spark plugged fouled it & engine fitted
IMAG0017.gif
IMAG0018.gif

still to come is the 813 carb with irduim plug from the US OF A :D

& a pipe

humm... not a very good idea to send engine parts like this in paper bag.... anyway...

The complete FG diff are a good uppgrade, but the bearing is not the same size to fit in the rear bulkhead.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/fg-marder-baj...sGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item4cf056d899

Since the spline are not the same as XRC, you will need this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FG-6066-1-Bev...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item335221b756

I think you'r better to get a good used complete diff with output cup.

You also have to consider something like this for the gearing since the one you have is too much tall.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LOOK-46-X18-S...sGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item255c0d2013

The needed parts are the output cup and the bevel gears inside the diff, it's for you to choose if it's worth that diff to only take the bevel gears, you still need to buy output cup.

Any news from your built?

very breif update, there will be a semi massive update, few weeks time as the buggy is off to my tuner, mods on so far, 813 carb fitted & fired the beast up my god it was good shame about the noise from the stock exhaust i will be getting one of these pipes soon as i sell a few more things :)

heres a pic of the beast

IMAG0068.gif

& a video

lots more to come when it comes back

Last edited by a moderator:
[EBAY]220648782039[/EBAY]
^ Clicky

got the pipe now, haven't paid for it yet as i need to put money into my account BUT WHAT A PRICE

Last edited:

forfgot to mention about the wheel sqaure, i bought some for a nitro buggy & borded them out, works a treat :)

Due money troubles i regreatably had to back out of the beetle deal :( hate letting mates down, makes me feel like such an arse!

any who
ickle update

FG Big power pipe welded up
looked like this, you can see the weld in the last pic
DSCF9080.gif
size of that hole!!!!!!!!
new tx & rx, 2.4ghz
BrGjPOwCGkKGrHqQH-CwEvDboUYtBLyPiu5WG_12.gif
new brake servo as the old was just pants!!!,
BpOc6KwBmkKGrHqEH-EMEu6ZPKbBLqcDB0Gg_35.gif
low profile air filter awaiting delivery
b7d0_1.gif

here is what it looks like atm, was tuned very well, until i put that fg big power pipe on now it smokes & stalls all the time, any ideas on what needle i neeed to touch?
XRC95percent.gif

all it needs now is fg disc brakes

Last edited:
sadly it went off to my tuner, & had bad news, either the engine is dead or the carb is.

mods please close as im effectively bininng the xrc. tested my patience to far

thank you for all your support

cheers

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks