Nearly done!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tizdaz

hi guys :)

my last shell was a single colour but this time i decided to try & do a little more, i was nervous cuz the price of these shells aint cheap (about £100) hence why on my 1st shell i did a simpleton 1 colour job! ..anyway so far im pleased, the colour im using for the drips is going to be bright orange, the colour of the shell is jet black although at the mo ive left the protective film on the outside until ive finished the 2nd colour :) ..i didnt use an airbrush just spray cans (fastrax fast finish) along with some plain A4 vinyl which i printed an outline of the design i wanted on the reverse then did the tedious task of cutting them out with a pair of scissors ^^

like i say its my 1st attempt! ..will update soon with the finished thing (when i get time to finish it that is lol) :)

shell1.jpg

shell2.jpg

shell3.jpg

:)

B0ll0x!

spot the fkin noob! ...well all was going well, did the bright orange for the drips & looked nice & bright, then... DISASTER!

don't know why but numbnuts here used black as the backing colour instead of white! :( so now what was once bright orange drips are now dark orange/brown kinda :( gutted!

still looks ok but not what i wanted :(

now i don't know what to do..

leave it as it is or strip the paint & start all over, i don't mind doing it all again but i don't like the idea of stripping the paint as ive heard some horror stories about removing paint from lexan making a mess of the lexan & not removing the paint completely in which case i will be left with a messed up £100 shell! :(

my mrs borrowed me cam will nab it back today & get some pics of it, like i say it aint too bad (i don't think) just pissed with the orange being dull :(

yeah come on daz wheres the pics

if you look close at my bugs paint job mate you can see where i put the orange on to fast and to thick its all cracked like crazy paving but with the white behind it looks quite good but i was gutted at the time plus the cost of these bloody shells you cant just do another youve got to stump it and learn for next time

hey guys :)

ok took some pics but the flash from cam makes it look like it should! lol

will get more pics tommorrow without flash as im off to work soon :(

oops.jpg

oops1.jpg

oops2.jpg

oops3.jpg

oops4.jpg

thats the prob!... the result is different :(

the flash from cam makes the orange look as i wanted it to, but in reality, the orange colour is very dull & not bright as i used black as the backing (not white) :(

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks