Necessary option parts for MCD Monster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discusdave

Hi everyone,
I just purchased a basically new (3 tanks of gas) MCD Monster truck from one of the members here. It has the chromed 30.5 stroker motor, jet pro chrome pipe, Spektrum DX3 radio, metal gear servos, kill switch, all the best equipment. I cannot wait till it gets shipped to me! It has the front brush bar/skid plate combo from King Cobra, and I think that is all the shiny stuff it has so far.

I think I am covered in the engine, radio, exhaust department, but I was wondering what other aluminum/bling parts you experienced guys consider necessary from a functional improvement point of view? Which options help the truck be more durable? I like shiny stuff as wellas the next guy, but I would rather upgrade the areas that will benefit the truck's performance over the truck's looks, at least intially.

Also, any other prefilter recomendations, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Buying every bling option that largescalerc.com offers would cost about $2200!

Thanks a lot. Looking forward to becoming part of this community.
Best,
Dave

Welcome glad to see you here did you get that Truck from Magnum 57 he takes real good care of his stuff ;) you are going to have a blast with that thing as far as upgrades I would work on the upper chassis part to stiffing her up a bit.
Well good luck and have fun.
Hurricain

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I just purchased a basically new (3 tanks of gas) MCD Monster truck from one of the members here. It has the chromed 30.5 stroker motor, jet pro chrome pipe, Spektrum DX3 radio, metal gear servos, kill switch, all the best equipment. I cannot wait till it gets shipped to me! It has the front brush bar/skid plate combo from King Cobra, and I think that is all the shiny stuff it has so far.

I think I am covered in the engine, radio, exhaust department, but I was wondering what other aluminum/bling parts you experienced guys consider necessary from a functional improvement point of view? Which options help the truck be more durable? I like shiny stuff as wellas the next guy, but I would rather upgrade the areas that will benefit the truck's performance over the truck's looks, at least intially.

Also, any other prefilter recomendations, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Buying every bling option that largescalerc.com offers would cost about $2200!

Thanks a lot. Looking forward to becoming part of this community.
Best,
Dave

Hi Dave.........

You will, sooner or later, need the gearplate made in Aluminium. It will help you to cut down on the plastic gearwheels.......not that they cost much, but you also cut down on the work it takes to change the broken gearwheels. It takes a lot of work to change this gearwheels on a MCD Monstertruck...:(

Hi Dave.........

You will, sooner or later, need the gearplate made in Aluminium. It will help you to cut down on the plastic gearwheels.......not that they cost much, but you also cut down on the work it takes to change the broken gearwheels. It takes a lot of work to change this gearwheels on a MCD Monstertruck...:(

Thanks Egon, got it coming! Along with a bunch of other stuff!
Dave

Hi Dave.........

Can we see a picture/link of this aluminum gear plate?

Can we see a picture/link of this aluminum gear plate?

Steel Gearwheels;
http://www.rc-racing.no/index.php?target=products&product_id=32741

Alu gearplate;
http://www.rc-racing.no/index.php?target=products&product_id=32697

This gearplate is the best Alu gearplate on the marked, it is not the best looking, but the gearwheels fit perfect.
On the Alu gearplate from KC the gearwheels sits to tight together, you need to drive in the plastic wheels for 10 min before you can have full trottle.....ho have the time for that...:no:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks