Need a new cylinder kit but ddm is outta stock. Any suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MonsterAir

Lone Racer 🤠
I have a ESP 27.2 2-bolt engine and need a new cylinder kit but ddm is outta stock. Does anyone know if there is somebody besides ddm that carries ESP products or if there is an equally good head kit I can order?

I can't seem to find any ESP 27.2 2-bolt kits but I did find this OBR kit http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rc-ca...ade-kits/race-ported-2-bolt-27-2cc-top-e.html

Am I right in thinking this will fit correctly? I tried calling the guys at OBR but they aren't in until Monday and I want to order asap. Been ordering parts and working on this thing for almost 2 months now and the 3ft of snow we had here all winter is now gone! The down time is killing me.

It will fit if you have the 2mm stroker crank, I believe. The only 27.2 big bore ESP kits I see are all 4 bolt and not compatible with 2 bolt blocks....

Yup that's my problem per their site they are all outta ESP ported 2 bolt kits. I spoke with Doug from ESP today, awesome service! Very helpful guy. He mentioned this kit as an option -http://www.davesmotors.com/esp-modified-gp290-36mm-kit.html

I don't know what would be better, that or the race ported OBR head that I linked above.... and yes I have a 2mm stuffed stroker crank.

I would lean toward the GP290 unit from Daves. The revs will end up being really close to the same, but with quite a bit more bottom end. Good find for $105.....Probably the most potent 2 bolt option out there for big bore kits unless you start messing with reed induction. Gets my vote.

If you are going to replace the cylinder why not go bigger since you all ready have the 30mm plus 2 crank. If it where me I would go with a 30.5 top end. In my opinion bigger is always better.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks