MTXL need a solution for missing LOS252054 outdrive cup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did some interweb sleuthing...

This company has them listed for sale and doesn't show out of stock. Give them a call to see if they still have em!
https://www.thobbies.com/products/losi-los252054
I tend to find discontinued or hard to find parts at small mom and pop shops..they have less heavy foot traffic..and tend to have stock the big names sold through.
Case in point I needed 4 of an item for my crawler that are discontinued..found the 4 I needed from 3 different mom and pop shops over the US doing some sleuthing. I always give a courtesy call to confirm the part is in stock..ask them to hold it, advising I am placing my order as soon as I hang up. They like getting rid of old inventory and helps us out who need D-coded stuff. Hope that link still has em for ya! It let me add them to my cart and everything!

I'm currently using original Losi DBXL-e Aluminum diff cup housing on my MTXL. I cannot confirm that the outdrive cup is the same. But I know that MTXL shares a lot of parts with the DBXL gas and DBXL-e. If i was in your spot i would try these as they're not super expensive and could save your MT from becoming paperweight.

GTBracing on ebay

Please let us know if it works.

Btw im also using GTBracing axle shafts and it works really well, better design and thicker than original losi.

Also losi DBXL-e aluminum diff cup housing is far better than the GTBracing alum diff cup housing.

Not sponsored by GTBracing. it's just a good alternative when stock parts are no longer available.
These actually says MTXL.

GTB diff housing and out drive cup

Last edited:
As far as i know the diffs and drive cups are all the same in the dbxl/mtxl platform. At least v1 parts. Few guys swapped out the wider arms and dog bones from the mtxl to the dbxl, I don't recall anyone having to swap drive cups. The biggest difference between the two were chassis length, arms, and gearing. Other then that they are the same thing.

Thanks for the tips, I ordered those and will see if that works or if they actually ship them. A few shops refunded already showing they were in stock, I also hit up a local machine shop and they wanted 80.00 to fabricate one.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks