Need advise on what to get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't need a dyno report i no these motors or top notch by reading up on
them and people's reviews, and no ive never tried them have you?

Just because they don't come with dyno reports like the oddified motors
doesn't mean the motors ive chosen are no good and i no you didnt
say they where no good but still, all i want is power from the bottom
end and the ESP and OBR are one of the best out there!

You're right, I'm not saying these engines are good bad or otherwise. I just don't believe that reading up on what people say about an engine is the best way to go. What comparisons were carried out, what were the conditions like when the engine was tested, who was testing the engine. Given the choice, would race teams use Merc or Ferrari engines because they know the pedigree or would they use an engine tested by some bloke in a field. I've used lots of engines (thankfully I've not had to pay for the crap ones) but I always end up back at one of the main tuners, Oddified, hobbycentre, G4z or in years gone by, IPS/JPF or pitstop tuning.

At the end of the day, you asked the question, it's your choice.

I would agree with dynos. You can get just about any reading you want depending on many different items and situations during a dyno including the dyno set up itself..
Its all about the porters and all port jobs they do will be different so no matter what dyno you see it will be different from the one you get.

ESP and OBR are proven in my opinion. Many users as well as myself here in the states.;)

The reason DDM does not do it in house is because ESP does there porting out of his shop.;)

All I know is (now I've checked) my 26cc red top Oddified engine will give plenty of CONTROLABLE power right through the range, delivering 6.3 - 6.5hp with excellent fuel economy (at least 30 mins in fast race conditions) at the right price. I know if there are any issues(not that I've ever known any), I can call up or speak face to face with the man himself.
I'm not knocking anyone for picking whatever engine they choose but before you lay out big buck, think - if these engines were so great - would they only be used by the basher/freestyle world?... Big CC's, +2mm stuffed crank, massive loud pipes, high octane fuel, don't make a great engine.

I would recommend that you check out OBR and ESP. They are well known for the same things you are talking about.;) I have talked with both directly on the phone as well (face to face is in person).:D Not saying that the ones you are talking about are not also well known but, there are others in the industry as well.:)

Ian Oddy is based in the UK and has won numerous championships with his own engines (inc the Euro 2010 I think??) so is well proven. Mike is highlighting the fact that he is based in the NW UK (Clitheroe) so is on our doorstep - within 1hr of Liverpool. If there are any issues it could be sorted asap with a quick call & maybe visit his workshop.

Personally id go for:

& the name... "Dizzy-Daz's-Dyno" muhaha!
Hot%20rod%20Engine%20fully%20polished.jpg

You may need to alter ya chassis a lil tho ^^ :D

Last edited:
It's not just that Dwarfy, I would rather use a standard 26cc engine than something that doesn't have any race pedigree. If one of these tuners said here you go, try this engine or turned up to race meetings and it worked, great but I i doubt it will ever happen, like I say, some guys running them on a field with loud pipes ect don't make them good engines.
There is nothing like racing for testing all the aspects of an engine and I know all you bashers/freestylers out there look down on racers but as a racer, I only put things on my car that will make it work better or help me drive it better.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks