need help identifying rc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicholasleu

Hello, I just joined the site and new to the large rc world. I have a 1/10 custom wraith crawler that I built a while back and came across this rc car for super cheap. Always wanted on so I thought what the heck. From the research that I have done this far it appears to be a MCD? Maybe a older v4 mudtruck? Don't really know though. Figured I would ask the pros instead of burning time. It does need some parts so if I could also get some reccomendations for sites/places to procure from would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your assistance in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_3856.JPG
    IMG_3856.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3858.JPG
    IMG_3858.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3857.JPG
    IMG_3857.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3859.JPG
    IMG_3859.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 14
I think it is an exceed prototype truck-

This;
http://www.exceedrc.com/exceedrc-prototypetruck-artr.html

It is an awesome thing you have there. Give it a good do over. Take it apart and scrub what must be scrubbed, oil what must be oiled and locktite all metal on metal bits and take it to town. Get a stronger steering servo, it deserves it, its a beast.

edit: Holy crap, this and the RS is the same car. Only difference is the rims, cage color, exhaust and air filter. I wonder if it is just some generic Chinese McMonstertruck that other companies put a ferw of their own bells and whistles on and market as their own. I wonder if there are more brands that sell this design as their own?!

edit edit: it is also the "CEN Matrix5-T 1/5 4WD RTR Benzinli Truggy"

So the good news is that parts should be plentiful. The bad news....well, its a chinese McTruck and probably going to give you plenty of headaches. Iove monser trucks so my enthusiasm at first may have been a bit hasty faced with this reality. =/ I hope it wont give you any trouble and you will have fun and not get scared off 5th scale.

Last edited:
Hey thank you Thrasher. You definitely have me excited for this. I am leaning towards the exceed maybe an older model though. I say this because it has the same rims, tires and nuts on the wheels/hubs. Everything is also metal. Control arms, links, etc. Also the same type of springs and shocks. But like you said there are Chinese knock offs so I guess it could be one of those. Either way I am not to concerned about it. Just need some time to tinker with it and I am sure i will have a good time with it. Thank you again for your reply. Who do you go through for parts vendors?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks