Need help identifying this 5ive pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan K.

I got this mystery pipe from a buddy and it's missing hardware. I haven't been able to source all of them. It came with a carbon fiber mounting plate that goes on the shock tower and attaches to the pipe using rubber dampers. However, the rubber damper mounts are missing for the mount. I tried the DDM Dominator mounts but they're a bit short so I had to stack spacers on them to make it sortof work, still not ideal. I need to order one more as you can see in the pic one of the dampers have a broken thread in one place. I also used the DDM Dominator springs to pull the pipe to the manifold, they seem to work well enough. So really, I just need the damper mounts. Does anyone know what pipe this is so I can source the hardware?

I'll take some better pics when I get home. I just took a quick snap shot to show my buddy what was missing.

thanks,

Attachments

• 5ive.jpg
    5ive.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
It does look like a VRC, but they don't have that funky bracket with the dampers. Since my pipe came with a thick nice quality carbon Fiber bracket, I'm assuming the pipe is something quite decent. It looks like it doesn't make use of a silicon coupler to join the manifold and pipe together, but instead uses a spring on the top and bottom to pull the pieces together and seal it. Most guys that have seen it in person say it's a booster pipe, but no searches online yield anything that looks similar. I wonder if I could just use a long bolt through a piece of heater hose to mimic that damper mount.

actually i think it is a booster pipe, look at this pic

Perfect, that's the exact pipe. Looks like most of the retailers are in the UK/AUS but they're all out of stock. Nice to know it sells for $330. I think it might be hard to get parts for this pipe. Hmm.. looks like it uses a silicon coupler as well.

Thanks for IDing the pipe for me.

Attachments

• 5ive-T-500x500.jpg
    5ive-T-500x500.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 9
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks