Need help picking a 4wd Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Small2Large

I'm growing bored of my 2wd Firehammer MT and would like to trade up for a 4wd.

I don't have the cash for a FG or MCD so its looking like CEN, FS, or Redcat are my options. I'm in the US and would like to deal with shops in the US to save on shipping.

I am also partial to converting the truck to brushless once Castle gets their Mamba XL fires figured out.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Last edited:
heard allot of good stories about redcat, i have a mate with a FS and i don't think very highly of it to say the least.

im a huge FG fan, if you cant afford one new have you thought about second hand?

Ive got a rampage and love it,haven't had know problems with it also have a nutech so far like it also but haven't been able to run it as much bought it right before winter,but so far so good, good luck.

Whoa, I didn't realize Redcat already had a brushless 1/5. Its cool, but it doesn't look nearly as powerful as the Castle power system.

How different is the Brushless redcat? It looks like a 1/8 buggy, just longer and wider.

The brushless and XT models are based off an 1/8 scale buggy. For the electric buggy, the motor is not as powerfull as teh new Castle systems, but it will get you started, then if you like largescale, you can always buy a bigger motor. Some gusy have already put in bigger motors and are loving it.

I have the XB-E and all of the XT buggies and trucks in stock at RampageHopUps.com Give me a call if you need to talk it over before buying.

4wd is the way to go IMO. not sure on the xb qaulity is any better I did look one over a few weeks ago .time will tell on the new redcat .fg seems to be the way to go for duability is seems . it might be the next line I will try FG baja 4wd.:D

In my opion FGs are decent veichles but far from most depedable and plus parts are a rip off if yo live in the us,redcats are decent for the money but if you want to go up a notch i would try the Nutech stuff.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks