Need major help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairdog

Alright guys I need some major advice here. I made a trade with a person on another site. Iwas trading my FG MT for there Baja SS. Well we shipped on the same day like agreed on . We both sent pics of shipping paperwork like agreed. The whole time this person has been in constant contact with me throughout the whole process. Even calling me too. Well I tracked the 2 packages the whole way with no problem. He received the FG on Wednesday. All was good on his end he was all happy about it.

Well we come to today. The mail lady comes to the door with a large box. I get all excited that I'm about to open a new baja up. Get it inside and open it up. I cannot explain my feeling when I opened up the box. It definately was not a new baja SS. It was a old computer tower. I am in disbelief right now.
I immediately contacted the person through email and also called their house. They were not home and have not responded to my email yet.

I guess I have a few questions to anyone that can help. The package had insurance on it like we agreed. Can claim this on the insurance from the PO since the item was not what it's supposed to be. Secondly What steps do I need to take to press charges against this person if they don't rectify the problem?
They have not contacted me back yet so I'm goiog to give them a little bit to respond. if this person is in fact trying to scam me then they have another thing coming. I will prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.
Thanks for any help.

How long has it been since you tried to get hold of him? Personally i think your gonna get screwed, where does he live? If he is with in 300 400 miles i'd drive it and do work............

That's bad, do you know the user ID, I would hop on over to HPI Baja Forum and ask around if anyone knows him.

sickning...

personaly what i would do first is check that package that he sent you for anything you can find on it that might have been written like numbers,locations,stamps,etc etc and try and locate where it was sent from.if it was a sighned package well im sorry to say you might be in trouble as you sighned to accept it.
anyway i would still keep everything he sent you and track him down and kick the living #### out of him

It's unreal the scams people do, if he sent an old tower and not an ss then he's a crook unless he sold that too and got the boxes mixed up (yeah right), keep all your correspondence and find his phone number..should be on your phone bill and then go to your local pd and give them all the details...if you have his name and ph # they should be able to track him down, if they feel so inclined that is

It's unreal the scams people do, if he sent an old tower and not an ss then he's a crook unless he sold that too and got the boxes mixed up (yeah right), keep all your correspondence and find his phone number..should be on your phone bill and then go to your local pd and give them all the details...if you have his name and ph # they should be able to track him down, if they feel so inclined that is

thats the saame advice i can only say as well ..
im so sorry too hear !! damn low life POS out there !!

Thats terrible, man that s**t pis**s me off. Not sure if you can claim it through USPS. You need to contact USPS and explain the situation with them.
Is he local?
How far away? What state?
Post his info and let some of us do the dirty work. It would be my pleasure.

Unfortunatly the guy lives in Nova Scotia. He did contact me and said I threatened his wife when I was trying to contact him this afternoon. I would not in a million years threaten someones wife over a deal between men. On top of that he said the computer I got was his gaming computer. There is no way he played games on the thing he sent me. Most of the guts are taken out of it. We'll see.

i think u got screwed. i think he shipped a tower so the weight and size looked right. i would try contacting the provincial police in his province. print out all the pms and offer to fax it to them if needed.

Someone from here has gotta be close to this guy,post his info,name address phone number, i'll call this guy evevry day 100 times. I'll toss his number on some web sites with some call for this or that stuff. Attack this piece of chit and make his day bad every way you or we can.

As bad as I want to mess this guy up If I go to prosecute him then it will make me look bad. I have every PM ,Email , and the actual offer he made on RCU. I took plenty of pics of what he sent so he can't say I destroyed his "computer".

Do it thru the proper channels..it's the only way...if you paid by wire it's traceable but cross border can be a pain.
i got taken on an engine cover for my mint 1990 V8 bayliner capri earlier this year (after hundreds of internet transactions i finally got stung and I'm super careful), I lost orig cover so started searching..rarer than rocking horse sheet, had a guy contact me thru a want add, talked many times, emails etc sounded straightup...bastard screwed me for $700CA, contacted and filed a complaint with the FBI internet fraud squad, with all the details...zilcho. i should have contacted my local rcmp they then contact area pd in NJ and things could have gone somewhere but now it's to late...act now and you might get some joy.
bottom line is don't waste anytime , talk to your local PD, federal guys don't care about small time stuff, or call his local rcmp detachment in NS...rcmp are good guys and I'm sure they'll try to help you

Well, if it was me i would be on a plane on my way to his house to be honest. but since ur in the states the ticket for a plane would probly cost more then the thing is worth, hell i still wouldnt care, id rob him blind. I got a friend or two in novascotia, pm me his address and info, ill see wat i can do for you.

If I had a passport and the extra cash I would definately be at his door to get my truck back. Thats the bad thing of dealing with someone in another country. Up until now I have great dealings with the Canadian folks. Always has to be one jackass that ruins it for everyone.

Last edited:
you guys get together on this, blownss if you still got your correspondence get it to hairdog...if it's the same guy and he's doing this multiple times, career crook, then i think it'll be a whole lot easier to get something done, i'd try calling or faxing the local rcmp detachment in his area...you might get some joy with 2 counts against him and no doubt more.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks