Need some advice please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcwrecker

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
Hi I'm in UK ,
Mega flipped my km krsc002 (quadruple barrel roll plus a cartwheel for good measure oops) and the suspension cup is split right at the top ,does anyone know the model and if I can get a replacement cup (preferably aluminium) without breaking the bank?
Cheers folks

they will not fit the rovan style oversize shocks, the 25mm shock body 10mm shock shaft ones,
only the stock sized hpi/km/rovan shocks fella (y)

they will not fit the rovan style oversize shocks, the 25mm shock body 10mm shock shaft ones,
only the stock sized hpi/km/rovan shocks fella (y)
Could you recommend a good price for the oversized ones please(for the rear)

Based on these sizes would it be possible to buy mini motor cross shocks or would them eyelets not work?
mini motor cross shocks will be too big and way too stiff mate,
upgraded baja shcoks you're gonna be limited to either the rovan big bore ones or the i-rc big bores,
the rovan ones tend to destroy the eylet balls way too fast,
i like the i-rc ones , some people on here have had issues with em, i think mainly leaking,
i've had a good few sets for different bajas i've built over the years and only ever had one bad seal from the get go,

mini motor cross shocks will be too big and way too stiff mate,
upgraded baja shcoks you're gonna be limited to either the rovan big bore ones or the i-rc big bores,
the rovan ones tend to destroy the eylet balls way too fast,
i like the i-rc ones , some people on here have had issues with em, i think mainly leaking,
i've had a good few sets for different bajas i've built over the years and only ever had one bad seal from the get go,
Cheers mucker , appreciate all your help 👍👌👍

It was the ball eyelet that cracked mate,hence the need for a new shock cap
It was the ball eyelet that cracked mate,hence the need for a new shock cap
Do you know where I can get ANY replacements to fit (aluminium)

Last edited:
It's still on but the plastic is cracked right across the top,I managed to pry it back on but would think it'd be better with a pair of aluminium ones for future proofing.if you insist I can take it off and take a pic...

Attachments

• IMG20230510000817.jpg
    IMG20230510000817.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 6
It's still on but the plastic is cracked right across the top,I managed to pry it back on but would think it'd be better with a pair of aluminium ones for future proofing.if you insist I can take it off and take a pic...
No it was quite a feat...dunno why ,there was a lot of rotation 😕
Hpi sells those parts in a shock
Kit. That typically doesn’t break on a baja 5
Isn't the kit plastic? I've been scouring the net every day trying to find an aluminium one, cheapest I can get a pair is the piggyback ones @ £56 plus delivery and import taxes but I only really want the caps...

Attachments

• 1683675515605308434506476313871.jpg
    1683675515605308434506476313871.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks