Need the strongest servo you can think of for a UAV.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annihilator

I need a servo with at least 1700 oz-in of torque. It needs to be very reliable, turn at a speed suitable for a standard aircraft flight (no 3d, no extreme maneuvers, landing in a cross wind would be its highest slew demand). So since you guys live Giant scale airplanes, what do you have for me?

I've seen the Seiko SSPS 105 @ troybuilt. that is currently the front runner. Anything out there more sophisticated than that? Don't worry about money during your search. I do however need to have the servos in hand in a month or two.

airplanes isnt really our thing here, we are large scale cars/trucks. im sure there are a couple people here with planes.

generally the highest torque servos we deal with are in the 450oz/in range. hitec has a new one, its a 10% larger than standard size and puts out over 600oz/in. maybe multiples of those?

I use the ps50 seiko tonegowa servo in my off road car and it's bullet proof, if you do need one to move quicker then you could contact Ian Oddie at www.oddified.com as he mods the ps50 to make it better in RC cars.

Hope this helps.

Mike

the seiko ps105 is a complete monster,they are huge!!!! they are not used in the rc cars but the 050 is that mike has, Ian said he can make it exactly twice as fast, as the stock item!!! i think the stock item is somethig like 20ms/60deg. people have been known to run 12 volts through the 105, but holes need to be drilled for cooling. i still have a spanking 050 in the box!!!need to send that off

the seiko ps105 is a complete monster,they are huge!!!! they are not used in the rc cars but the 050 is that mike has, Ian said he can make it exactly twice as fast, as the stock item!!! i think the stock item is somethig like 20ms/60deg. people have been known to run 12 volts through the 105, but holes need to be drilled for cooling. i still have a spanking 050 in the box!!!need to send that off

Don't forget that you can't use it with 2.4

U can use it with 2.4. ghz , my tx are 2.4( futaba 4pk and flysky gt3b) and u can use a digital servo with it too ,u just cant brake mix between diff servos.

Last edited:
The reason I have gone back to 40meg is because I want to use a tonegowa which can't be used with 2.4. I have the 20kg savox servos, a tonegowa and a 3pks running on 40meg pcm - trust me or speak to Ian Oddie.

I use the ps50 seiko tonegowa servo in my off road car and it's bullet proof, if you do need one to move quicker then you could contact Ian Oddie at www.oddified.com as he mods the ps50 to make it better in RC cars.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Don't waste yor time with the oddified servo. He dosen't do them anymore.:( Just get the Tonegawa 105 servo and be done with it. I have several 050 and run 8.4 volts and get 1300 oz . You can run them up to 12 volts and get 2500 oz.:D

Hope this helps.

Mike

Don't waste yor time with the oddified servo. He dosen't do them anymore.:( Just get the Tonegawa 105 servo and be done with it. I have several 050 and run 8.4 volts and get 1300 oz . You can run them up to 12 volts and get 2500 oz.:D

You know this for certain do you? (I mean Ian not doing the servos anymore)

The reason I have gone back to 40meg is because I want to use a tonegowa which can't be used with 2.4. I have the 20kg savox servos, a tonegowa and a 3pks running on 40meg pcm - trust me or speak to Ian Oddie.
don't know then, is strange, mine worked perfect.
When i first got it about 6 months ago,i put up a thread,on here. think it was mentioned that it wont work on 2.4,but i think a few people popped up who'm use them with 2.4, then i put up a video with my tonegawa running off a 4pk, linked to a ace digital 1015 throttle servo.think super 188 said he uses them too.
i seen ian before xmas, he said he'd do mine tone, when i asked him,worth the money too, i thought he would have been a little more. i think it was because i asked him on the spot(in reality he was probably just trying to get rid of me lol) just kidding.
mike, you know ive learnt alot from you in the past year,but it defo works mate.
cheers

ian offered to do mine????? people do use 105's on 12volts,but cover will need drilling as heat becomes a problem,they do this alot with rc planes.
i plan on running mine on 8.4v. i linked it up to a 4.4v., 6v, 7.2v and 8.4v,obviously gets faster as well as more powerful the bigger volt battery used.
how long have you had yours,how long have they lasted?

thankyou.

Hope this helps.

Mike

!00% for sure. :D I ve tried for years to get the kit or servos and I never get a responce.:D

Strange that because the one in my car has just been serviced by him. The reason a lot of people don't use them any more is that a lot of they won't fit in a lot of todays race cars so in actual fact Ian doesn't do as many any more, rather than Ian doesn't do them at all any more.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks