New 2011 KM's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on mine i really didnt have a servo issue i changed them out to 5755 and 7955 servos, but originals were stilll working fine, the PS however, mine failed on 2nd tank, after looking into it to try and figure out the problem, i found that the pawl would pop out as it should, but cock sideways and therefore jam causing the metal flat washer to bend out ina cone shape and render ps useless. the fix i found was to buy another ps, but make sure the one you get has the COLLAR around the pawl. this keeps the pawl from cockin sideways. mines been on there now for several tanks with no signs of messing up yet. so if ya get ya a KM, first off replace the ps if it doesn't have the collar around the pawl.

I just received my second KM. This one the 23cc version from Dan. I am extremely impressed with the model. Just since the version I got last year (T1000) KM has made a few upgrades, such as thicker front and rear aluminum plates.
I abused the heck out of my T1000 and have not had one failure. Yes the pull start is a POS, but it is the standard Zenoah/CY clone. I replaced it with a Turtle Racing aluminum unit and have never looked back!

Do you go through it first and check all the screws, or do you just go drive it? I just ordered a 23cc from Dan and should be getting it this week.

some do go through and recheck bolts first, on mine i didnt, but never had any loose bolts or nuts. still a good idea tho to just go over it and check the tightness of them anyways.

the km is really starting to get popular, i love the way they soak up bumps and corner so well!!! i have already been made an offer for 300quid from a mate, and its a ks001 23cc, with the dom clone pipe,but it is in perfect condition, 5 tanks use up to know, i messaged the seller from blackburn, he said the manufacturer rated the engine at 1.5hp for the 23cc and 2.2 hp for the 29/30cc model. but its still quick with the tuned pipe.

The plastic is still junk in cooler weather, upgrade to rpm where available, and aluminum everywhere else.

I've got 3 tanks through my new 30.5cc T1000 and so far so good. I didn't find any loose bolts when I checked it over prior to starting. I did change out the throttle servo for a brushless Futaba high torque one. I will probably put a hitec servo on the steering before long as well. But stock one is holding so far.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks