New $30 pipe works great

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Macdonald

I got this from Dan at King Motor: http://www.kingmotorrc.com/exhaust/aluminum-quiet-tuned-pipe/

Took 15 minutes to install. I used a bit of wire to hold it in place -- primitive but so far effective.

IMG_0952.JPG

The "Thor" pipe that came with the T1000A caused me some problems -- It tended to shake the bolts loose that hold the header in place, and didn't seem to add anything of value. Power-wise this little $30 pipe seems no worse than the Thor -- but I'm not really going to notice differences unless they're substantial anyhow. Other guys might notice immediately. What I definitely noticed (as did my wife) is that this new pipe is *much* quieter than the Thor, and certainly far quieter than running with just the header like I did for a while.

Some threads say the rubber goes bad quickly -- dunno, maybe it does. So far so good. Quiet and power on the Zenoah seems about the same (plenty for bashing purposes).

On the other end of the spectrum I ordered a $300 tuned pipe for my Losi 5T. Not really sure the Losi is any more fun than this KM though. I'm thinking of getting another really cheap ($399) Rovan buggy so I can have an extra when friends come over who don't own an r/c can try it out.

I got this from Dan at King Motor: http://www.kingmotorrc.com/exhaust/aluminum-quiet-tuned-pipe/

Took 15 minutes to install. I used a bit of wire to hold it in place -- primitive but so far effective.

View attachment 25900

The "Thor" pipe that came with the T1000A caused me some problems -- It tended to shake the bolts loose that hold the header in place, and didn't seem to add anything of value. Power-wise this little $30 pipe seems no worse than the Thor -- but I'm not really going to notice differences unless they're substantial anyhow. Other guys might notice immediately. What I definitely noticed (as did my wife) is that this new pipe is *much* quieter than the Thor, and certainly far quieter than running with just the header like I did for a while.

Some threads say the rubber goes bad quickly -- dunno, maybe it does. So far so good. Quiet and power on the Zenoah seems about the same (plenty for bashing purposes).

On the other end of the spectrum I ordered a $300 tuned pipe for my Losi 5T. Not really sure the Losi is any more fun than this KM though. I'm thinking of getting another really cheap ($399) Rovan buggy so I can have an extra when friends come over who don't own an r/c can try it out.
I don't want to rain on your parade but Unfortunately it won't last long being alloy

Funny was just to come in here to whine about cheaper pipes being crap :)

Was out racing the losi today and blew out the silencer with wool and everything during a speed test while tuning the carb. Never seen that happen before. But never liked the build quality compared to my victory pipe.

Attachments

• DSC_0107.JPG
    DSC_0107.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 21
Nah it goes into the bin, getting a Samba instead for the Losi :)

I have a victory pipe and an OBR 7.5Hp waiting to be installed in my Losi.

For now I'm at the beach with the KM clone. Frankly I'll do stuff with the clone I probably wouldn't do with the Losi. In this case ripping across the huge empty wet sand beach with the clone. What a blast! Inevitably it ended up sitting in about 6 inches of salt water and didn't like that too much. It ran for a while after that, and even though I cleaned it up as much as I could, it doesn't want to start today. Probably a tear down needed.

Probably will be an expensive lesson, but it was so much fun I don't regret it. Ocean beaches are just so much fun with these things.

Hehe sand running is fun but the clean up is a total pain :) Shame about the water though, been thinking about beach running as well but staying away from salt water but have some nice sand deposits in the area that are good for bashing. Hope the victory pipe will server you well, my VRC pipe has served my MT very well and really gives some nice performance.

Been thinking about it and not sure if to go with the Samba or a VRC pipe for my 320RC. Will have to give it some more thought.

I have a victory pipe and an OBR 7.5Hp waiting to be installed in my Losi.

For now I'm at the beach with the KM clone. Frankly I'll do stuff with the clone I probably wouldn't do with the Losi. In this case ripping across the huge empty wet sand beach with the clone. What a blast! Inevitably it ended up sitting in about 6 inches of salt water and didn't like that too much. It ran for a while after that, and even though I cleaned it up as much as I could, it doesn't want to start today. Probably a tear down needed.

Probably will be an expensive lesson, but it was so much fun I don't regret it. Ocean beaches are just so much fun with these things.
I did that with a nitro.
Filled the motor up with WD 40 and let it sit for a couple of days.
Emptied her out and put new fuel in and it's still running years later.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks