New A bar & sump guard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allanach

Just a few pics of the new goodies.

FGABarone.jpg

FGABar.jpg

These parts fit so well, just takes a bit of mucking about as you need to remove upper and lower front arms from one side to get to the nyloc nuts that hold the factory bumper on.

I think it's worth it:)

How strong does that bar feel? I've seen this before but it always looked like a small hit up front would tear it off. Is it strong enough to pick up the truck with?

-Michael

The king cobra parts are not very strong, they are called bling parts for a reason. I had them and after one roll-over, they were all bent to crap. In my opinion, they are good for shelf queens but that is about it.

How strong does that bar feel? I've seen this before but it always looked like a small hit up front would tear it off. Is it strong enough to pick up the truck with?

-Michael

When you buy both the a bar and the sump guard they bolt on to each other and that makes them very strong. If you only have one of them I would suspect they would be weak.

You can easily pick-up your car with it and it does not flex at all, my first impressions are it's very strong.... time will tell.

RCNUTS is correct, I had the A bar and sump guard on the front of my MT. First time the truck rolled - the A bar gets bent back into the body - mine eventually snapped off.:no:

In the end I made my own version - see the picks - now it doesn't bend at all:cool2: Although if it hits anyone it is going to do some serious damage -serious care needed of non-combatants:eek:

Not as shiny as the KC version - but it works:rockon:

Enjoy it anyway - sweet lookin ride - nice blue.......

Attachments

• MT 01.jpg
    MT 01.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 31
  • MT 02.jpg
    MT 02.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 22
  • MT 04.jpg
    MT 04.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 22
  • PICT0006.jpg
    PICT0006.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 25
Madtrucker, that looks awsome / tough.
If mine fails then I'm with you on that mod.

What lights are those?
Did you roll the square section to get the curves and what size is it?

Lights are the standard FG ones part number 5436. You will need a bracket to mount them on also - I used the KCR one part number KCR 016. Just remember to put a spacer between the lamp bracket and the A bar mount plate - otherwise the 2 out lights hit the A bar. Total cost was approx £20 for me. Currently toying with the idea of really "blinging" the truck and putting LED's in them - run off the 3 or 4 channel on my React:)

Square section is 10mm x 10mm Aluminium- just something I had lying around. I used the A bar from KCR as the template, for radius, angle forward, height at the front of the truck etc.

Bending Ally at that section is pretty easy - I happened to have some think steel tube of approx the correct radius - so used that to form it, could use wood also though. From memory it was around 25mm radius.

Bought some Ally tube (and threaded rod to fit inside it) down the local home improvement store. Took the remaining bits of the KCR unit off the mounting plate (grinder), then when I had the side bars ready cut them to length to this and drilled and fitted to the mount plate.

Some tips - if you use the rod and thread bar - countersink the holes on the inside of the upright and cut the tube for the cross bar 1-2 mm long. Makes it easier to fit together, and when you tighten the nuts on the thread bar - stiffens the whole deal up a lot.

Only other thing I did was put a re-inforcment plate over the top of the KCR mount plate - the KCR one used to bend just outside the blot holes - that may be why the A bar snapped in the end, strengthen one bit - fails elsewhere.

Anything else you need - let me know. Will try and get more close ups and post if you want.

A bar and sump guard Also

:scooter:Hi All, I got the A bar and sump guard also! A big Bling Factor! I can carry mine also. I haven't bashed a lot with it. When U rin out of gas a long way's away, U can put a bunggie cord on the A Bar & pull it back. It sure beet's carring it! LOL I haven't driven it in over 6mo's. I got it all up for sale on this site->https://www.largescaleforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1070 . I really don't want to sell it but time's are tough:helpsmilie:. Anyway I do like the A bar and sump guard!
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k51/MY88HD/AE-1/11.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks