"new" battery wont charge over 500 mah.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brugernavn

Hi guys!

when i bought my monster, there was 2 battery packs with it, a carson 3000mah, and a standard panasonic something cheap.

The carson battery is new, but it has never been charged before, I have a RC-Power BC6 charger(i dunno if im wrong, but this charger have it all, 220 volt powersupply, connection to a car battery if i want to, usb connection so i can watch battery status, charges Lipo, life, nicd, nimh and so on)

I set the charger to 6 volt @ 0.2 amps but when it reaches 500 mah, it tells me its full :S

then i run some cyckles on it, 10 actually, and it didnt help.

whats wrong with my batterypack :(

BTW: i have ordered a brand new 4600ma 5 cell 6 volt pack, how should i charge it the first few times.

sorry for my bad english, im a dane:balloon:

Does it charge your other battery packs ok? Do you have another charger you can try or maybe borrow 1 from somewhere?

don't set it to 6 volts. the charger will drop the amps to zero every few minutes and test if its full. its cutting off because it wants to go over 6 volts but the cut of is stopping it.

when my battery is charged it registers over 7.2 volts.

keep in mind that when under load the charger will show a voltage higher than what the battery is actually sitting on. if your concerned about the battery set the charger to 7.5 volts and charge. I charged a brand new 4600mah battery last night, had no cut off set but did set it to 0.8 amps rate and the battery took 5400 mah before it said it was full and was around 7.2 volts

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks