New body and paint job but questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyon74

Hey everyone,

I recently got a Mutilator 6 and got got a truck body for it. I have all the parts to swap it to the truck body. I used 3 paint colors of one was a window tint spray. My Blue and silver went on fine but I had some of the dark tint color run and bleed through to the other colors. Is there a way like paint thinner or something to remove it and respray it or am I asking for trouble? The paint job I think came out pretty nice otherwise. This is my 1st time painting a body so let me know how I did if you don't mind. :)

DSC08868.jpg

DSC08867.jpg

DSC08876.jpg

DSC08862.jpg

And the colors/paint I used

DSC08848.jpg

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Looks fine mate.

Go and bash it... I'm sure it won't last that long anyway and you can have another go on a new body....lol

You did good mate.

Brad.

looks good for the first time its a learning curve when painting you will find that the practa paint don't stay on all that good been there and done that. I have went to the parma faskolor which is a water color it stays on great but it takes longer to dry and you need an airbrush but it is worth it. as far as removing the paint i hear brake fluid will take off your paint i'not sure i havnt tryed it my self if it was me i would just let stay as is :cup-1:

Looks fine mate.

Go and bash it... I'm sure it won't last that long anyway and you can have another go on a new body....lol

You did good mate.

Brad.

Thanks Brad I appreciate that. Yeah, I've already flipped this over with the original body already. I just didn't want to debut a crappy paint job. You're right, I probably will need another body in the future. haha! :lol:

looks good for the first time its a learning curve when painting you will find that the practa paint don't stay on all that good been there and done that. I have went to the parma faskolor which is a water color it stays on great but it takes longer to dry and you need an airbrush but it is worth it. as far as removing the paint i hear brake fluid will take off your paint i'not sure i havnt tryed it my self if it was me i would just let stay as is :cup-1:

Thank you as well! The hardest part was trying to get the racing stripes as straight as possible. It took a while to mask everything off but I expected that. I kinda see what you're saying about the paint. I barely touched it and it came off in one spot. I did clean the body before spraying it too. Luckily that is barely noticeable. I'll keep the other paint and airbrush in mind. Maybe I can get away with this one for a while.

Oh, btw, nice paint job in your avatar. I swear I didn't copy you! :cup-2:

Thank you as well! The hardest part was trying to get the racing stripes as straight as possible. It took a while to mask everything off but I expected that. I kinda see what you're saying about the paint. I barely touched it and it came off in one spot. I did clean the body before spraying it too. Luckily that is barely noticeable. I'll keep the other paint and airbrush in mind. Maybe I can get away with this one for a while.

Oh, btw, nice paint job in your avatar. I swear I didn't copy you! :cup-2:

No problem you can paint yours just like mine if you want i don't mind a buddy of mine and i painted are real trucks the same so we could mess with the cops in are town when one of us would get pulled over for something we said that was that other truck we had alot of fun doing that. yes the stripes are hard to keep them from bleeding through I retired my old body for a new one this year after running it at power jam i didnt like the red so i plan to remove the red and go back with some teal green were the red is at just an example of how good the water colors stay on here's afew pics of the old body

P7140390.jpg

P7140391.jpg

P7140393.jpg

my new bodyP7140394.jpg

No problem you can paint yours just like mine if you want i don't mind a buddy of mine and i painted are real trucks the same so we could mess with the cops in are town when one of us would get pulled over for something we said that was that other truck we had alot of fun doing that. yes the stripes are hard to keep them from bleeding through I retired my old body for a new one this year after running it at power jam i didnt like the red so i plan to remove the red and go back with some teal green were the red is at just an example of how good the water colors stay on here's afew pics of the old body

my new bodyP7140394.jpg

Wow man, you did an amazing job. I'll need to purchase some patience along with the paint because I surely don't have enough to pull that paint job off. That's awesome. Do you have it mounted yet?

I didn't paint that body it came from redcat painted but i plan to remove all the red paint and put teal green in it's place and i do have the body mounted here a pic

DSC03673.jpg

P6280361.jpg

LYON74 here is one i painted a few years back it was done with parma faskolors the white is the filp flop to purple the pic don't show it very good

P7180400.jpg

P7180398.jpg

Oh, ok cool.
Well, I finally got to finishing the body, put on some trim, changed over the suspension compenents and had to come up with an idea to get the front posts mounted to hold the body in the front. Only took a few hours. I'm happy with how it came out. I know it'll get mashed up. Atleast I now know how I can make the next one a little better. Thanks guys for all your input!

IMG_20110725_132751.jpg

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks