new build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webster

im looking forward to move up to large scale rc with the purchase of a hpi baja 5b ss kit, question is does anyone have a opinion on upgradeing any of the original parts to aluminum on initial build, im especially concern'd about clutch area and suspension.

Last edited:
whats your use going to be?
you can throw a grand at it, and not do a bit of good for your perticular use?

how will you be running, and in what type of setting? race on a groomed track? oval, sand rig ect...?

while their are alot of great items for them, which ones you will want will vary and wallet (budget) and how hard you run it for your use.

im looking forward to move up to large scale rc with the purchase of a hpi baja 5b ss kit, question is does anyone have a opinion on upgradeing any of the original parts to aluminum on initial build, im especially concern'd about clutch area and suspension.

You would be better off running your car until it breaks then replace parts as they fail.
An enclosed clutch cover would be a good thing from the start especially if your running in sand.

All i would do for shocks is add some threshold umbrella seals. I would invest in a pullstart filter and air filter prefilter from Outerwears.

And don't forget the best bang for your buck in a Killer Rc kill switch that is one of the most important upgrades you can do from the start.
www.killerrc.com

Aluminum parts look nice but one lil crash can cause major damage in your car its much better to have flex points with the plastic.

Upgrades are also based on running conditions and types of soil you will be running on.
A little more information about what your doing with the car will help with setting you in the right direction

Last edited:
If your building a kit, your best off concentrating on making it as solid as possible from the KNOWN issues. During your build you should at minimum use a TeamFastEddy ProSeries Shim Kit.

I did a 100 segment video on building the SS. Most of the Must do upgrades are talked about and shown in the vids.

Here is a link to the series
http://www.teamfasteddy.com/category/team-fasteddy-videos/build-a-baja-ss/

If your building a kit, your best off concentrating on making it as solid as possible from the KNOWN issues. During your build you should at minimum use a TeamFastEddy ProSeries Shim Kit.

I did a 100 segment video on building the SS. Most of the Must do upgrades are talked about and shown in the vids.

Here is a link to the series
http://www.teamfasteddy.com/category/team-fasteddy-videos/build-a-baja-ss/

FastEddy,

I just wanted to say thank you for all your helpful videos and great / awsome products which you have produced. My baja would not be the same if it wasn't for your help.

:cup-1::cup-1::cup-1:

Shim kits! Recommended, and easier if you shim while first building.

If I had to do it again, I would have bought the Turtle clutch and quick diff kits before building my SS.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks