New DSRC-001 first run problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dilemma over it just needed some good old persuasion, that diff looks a good bit of kit your full of suprises with your baja:D

Another suprise for you..... my bajas new look

IMG_0530.jpg
IMG_0586.jpg
ive bin watching your thread it looks great mate nice transformation theres never ending options with the baja im loving it well i will be if i ever get mine working :lol:

yes im definately very famililar with the Baja now i reakon i could rebuild it with my eyes closed:D I've just brought the ss alloy diff &.......... the 26cc ss engine MY BAD it was such a good price £124 complete with pull start/coil couldn't say no ive seen these engines at double that selling price, i should of brought the SS in the first place, there should be no reason why my mesh wont be good now

yes im definately very famililar with the Baja now i reakon i could rebuild it with my eyes closed:D I've just brought the ss alloy diff &.......... the 26cc ss engine MY BAD it was such a good price £124 complete with pull start/coil couldn't say no ive seen these engines at double that selling price, i should of brought the SS in the first place, there should be no reason why my mesh wont be good now

Yes m8 we all make mistakes buying the wrong shite at times but some of us do learn from it :rolleyes: Cy 26ss a great reliable engine i hope it does fix you binding problem but i would'nt bet on it ! Good Luck Bro

Troy

Ive read alot of happy people with the KM'S, I think I was one of the unlucky one's getting a dud, I can't see what else it could be if this doesn't cure the binding will have to wait & see, do you know if the Carb is compatible straight swap onto the new engine?

it looks like ive fixed one problem but created another,all my new parts arrived so i got stuck in, fitted the carb,clutch & engine no probs, then assembled the new alloy diff,this seems a hell of alot smoother than the old one, then i went on to fit the missing bearing on the layshaft upon removing the break hub the nut beheaded itself so i brought a new layshaft & brake hub then i put all the gearbox back together & tempory fitted everything, the new engine & mounts seem to be alot better fit & the mesh is looking good, but then i noticed the shaft is a couple of mm shorter for some reason & i cant get the clip on the spur gear any ideas? i noticed in the gearbox the gears do not sit flush with each other & there all seated correct its got me wondering now if i need to get a new gearbox now & idle gear & drive gear to suit my hpi diff & layshaft

Last edited:
It should all fit maybe a bearing is'nt seated correctly or you have the wrong spacer behind the spur gear ! take some pics and show us

Ive read alot of happy people with the KM'S, I think I was one of the unlucky one's getting a dud, I can't see what else it could be if this doesn't cure the binding will have to wait & see, do you know if the Carb is compatible straight swap onto the new engine?

What carbie did you buy ? i would of bought a 668 walbro

It should all fit maybe a bearing is'nt seated correctly or you have the wrong spacer behind the spur gear ! take some pics and show us

i took the gearbox apart again & everything seems to be seated ok but there the gears don't match up flush i also i noticed some side to side play in the diff when fitted in the gearbox case, i put the km & hpi lay shafts side by side & the km is very slightly longer i shall get a few pics up for you. I ended up using the carb off the Km engine fitted fine for the minute & maybe upgrade to a walbro in time

Last edited:
I just measured the center thickness of both spurgears and the km is slightly thicker than hpi this is why you cant get the circlip on so you may have to buy a hpi spurgear if your using the hpi layshaft

Last edited:
Cheers for that info I did buy a hpi spur for a spare but I didn't bother buying the centre part so ill order one & try that, I've uploaded a few pics of the gearbox as you can see the gears sit at different levels shouldn't they be flush? Other than that things seem to go together good now, im not having to flex the chassis to get the spur plate on & the rear engine mount slots in lovely

Last edited:
Not sure about gears being flush I suppose aslong as the casing bolts together and operates smoothly should be no problem glad to hear you getting some where

Last edited:
Not sure about gears being flush I suppose aslong as the casing bolts together and operates smoothly should be no problem glad to hear you getting some where

i've ordered a new gearbox casing & Idler Gear/Drive Gear & bearings to just be done with it then ill have a complete Hpi gearbox then, also ordered the spur gear holder as you said.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks