new FG chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustmaster

Hello members, because of the new onroad circuit in Genk http://www.modelracegenk.be/ i decided to give my baja some company in the shape of an FG Evo 04 with some 07 stuff, onroad chassis.
I bought it from a very dedicated person, it is nearly perfect. i stripped it down completly and did a full rebuild yesterday just to be sure there where no hidding defects. I also got his full tire depot, 14 sets of different compounds including the PMT kronos and much needed tire heaters along with a small shop of spare parts, i got a sweet deal!
A picture says more then words.

FGEvo08005.jpg

FGEvo08006.jpg

FGEvo08007.jpg

FGEvo08008.jpg

FGEvo08009.jpg

FGEvo08004.jpg

That Honda Accord body has defenitly seen better days, so that has to go, i loved the wide body's like this one http://www.fg-modellsport-gmbh.de/FG-International/site-01-07-products_e/07-bodies_e/bodies-layout_e/1-5-wide_e/body-15-breit-03-c291_e.htmlbut they are impossible to get, so i'm undecided at the moment. Input would be apriciated

and one with his baja friend!

FGEvo08003.jpg

Grtz Ivo

Last edited:
thats a nice car, looks like its been well cared for.

one thing to keep in mind with the wide body is you will need to widen the track width, make sure your track doesn't limit your width before you get one of those bodies. it sucks to spend the time and money getting a body done only to find out its not legal.

thats a nice car, looks like its been well cared for.

one thing to keep in mind with the wide body is you will need to widen the track width, make sure your track doesn't limit your width before you get one of those bodies. it sucks to spend the time and money getting a body done only to find out its not legal.

Thanx Sharkey, i'm sure i will be allowed to drive a widebody, and i'm not planning on championships real soon, i'm also looking @ the other shells, not convinced yet. Any other sugestions or website's to find some body's as this onroad stuff is new to me. Thanx

I just picked up a bergonzoni body like that for my redcat. it is not a wide version and 512mm wb. I love that look myself.

Car looks sweet man. take a little automotive type cut polish on a rag and clean this honda body front up. I think most of that will come off. either way, when you run, bodies take a beating. my mustang is held together on the front with shoe goo and drywall tape LOL. sharkey and I tapped, his looks fine, mine has crumple zones hehe

Very beautiful car, I've just got a sportline FG semi and I think thats a sweet ride, I couldn't imagine something like that. Congrats on the purchase.

So far i can see is it not a EVO 08 but a 04 with the 08 top deck......

For shure the front and rear lower arms are 04 but this are the same as 08.
Have you a picture of the bottem of the chassis????

Maybe not this year but next year we will also be some times in Genk for a open club race, time wil tell.
I'm from Belgium also.... our website is www.bigscale-tourwagens.be if you want some information or need help you can contact us there.

Greetings,
Steve

So far i can see is it not a EVO 08 but a 04 with the 08 top deck......

For shure the front and rear lower arms are 04 but this are the same as 08.
Have you a picture of the bottem of the chassis????

Maybe not this year but next year we will also be some times in Genk for a open club race, time wil tell.
I'm from Belgium also.... our website is www.bigscale-tourwagens.be if you want some information or need help you can contact us there.

Greetings,
Steve

You can find your picture here http://www.modelbouwforum.nl/forums/big-scale-autos/112417-fg-evo-04-a.html#post1720248 somebody there also made the remark that its a mistake to call this chassis an 08 instead it seems to be an 04 with some 07 stuff. So i'm calling it that from now on. I'm realy looking forward to meet you in Genk, cant wait!

grtz

Last edited:
You can find your picture here http://www.modelbouwforum.nl/forums/big-scale-autos/112417-fg-evo-04-a.html#post1720248 somebody there also made the remark that its a mistake to call this chassis an 08 instead it seems to be an 04 with some 07 stuff. So i'm calling it that from now on. I'm realy looking forward to meet you in Genk, cant wait!

grtz

dustmaster, you have a very nice looking car. A well done job cleaning and the new Mercedes body really give some more beauty to the car.

Yes, you have an EVO 04 chassis with some EVO 07 parts (mainly the upper deck). All in all, a still competitive set up (have one with same characteristics).

Have fun!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks