New guy w/a couple questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proflow

Hey folks,
I'm a new owner of a King Motors T1000 w/2spd.
After a little break in & tuning this thing rips !

A couple of little bugs to work out yet though.
I put a metal pawl in the starter before the plastic one ever was used. Only thing is it doesn't always catch. Sometimes I have to let it snap back in for it to catch.
Any Ideas w/this one ?

OK, also the truck creeps forward even @ low idol. I actually have to apply brake to keep it still.

Last but not least: Anyone know where to start on the two speed adjustment screws from bottom out ? Factory settings ?

Thanks in advance--Proflow

Hi there and welcome to large scale ! :)

Had the same problem with my alloy starter ring (i assume this is what you are referring) try sanding it down somewhat where it looks rough. Fixed it for me.

Have you turned out the idle screw enough? It should not creep when idling. This will probably result in a lot of unnecessary wear on your clutch. If you cant turn out the idle screw any more it might be a good idea to invest in stiffer clutch springs.

Here is a post that covers the carburetor tuning with stock values for the needles.

https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=2761&highlight=tuning

Cheers

I'll try cleaning up the casting on the starter ring. Thanks for the tip.
Ive got the low & hi speed needles tuned like a swiss watch. So I must need to pull the clutch apart & see whats up. Weird just cause its new. Supposed to be a 8,000 rpm clutch.
Any ideas on factory settings on the 2 spd ?

Thanks---Proflow

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks