new king motor buggy owner help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryantx

hey whats up guys this is bryan im from houston tx i just got me a king motor baja i have it since two months its a 23cc

questions are

why I'm breaking so many pullstarts i already replaced it 3 times i took it off to see if theres something in like rocks or something theres nothing in there when i turn it i fill like something stoping it like its binding somewhere

also some times when i don't break the pullstart i can't start it i checked all the carb bolts and exhaust bolts changed the spark plug and still nothing until i try to pull the pullstart gets really strong and it breaks

also other problems i ran has a leaking tank which messed up my servo lol please some one help me to get this thing running

do i need a new engine if so whats a good good engine not looking for something faster just something that i can run with out issues :w00t:

hey whats up guys this is bryan im from houston tx i just got me a king motor baja i have it since two months its a 23cc

questions are

why I'm breaking so many pullstarts i already replaced it 3 times i took it off to see if theres something in like rocks or something theres nothing in there when i turn it i fill like something stoping it like its binding somewhere

also some times when i don't break the pullstart i can't start it i checked all the carb bolts and exhaust bolts changed the spark plug and still nothing until i try to pull the pullstart gets really strong and it breaks

also other problems i ran has a leaking tank which messed up my servo lol please some one help me to get this thing running

do i need a new engine if so whats a good good engine not looking for something faster just something that i can run with out issues :w00t:

Im not sure about the gas leak but before you buy a new engine or pull start check to see if you can spin the flywheel freely, if not you need to check the coil gap. I broke a pull start and had a lot of resistance when trying to start and it was the coil gap that was stopping the flywheel.

well i have found out that the ps that comes on most of them fail quickly, mine did, the solution is to purchase a ps witht he collar around the pawl, without collar the pawl wil not always travel strate out it will cock to one side and jam and bend the tretaining washer on ps.. with the collar one the collar keeps the pawl from cockin over and keeps it strate , therefore no jamming and bending of retaining wsher. since i swapped to that style on mine its worked flawlessly ever since

don't recall, i just found one on ebay that HAD the collar molded onto the wheel, iit keeps the pawl from cockin over which is why the original fails. just look up ps's on ebay and make sure the one u buy shows a pic of the underside of it, so u can SEE the collar is on it or not. since i put the collared version on mine my ps hasnt had any more issues.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pull-Start-Fits-CY-KM-Ksrc-001-002-HPI-5B-5T-2-0-SS-Metal-Pawl-Installed-On-It-/150933105948?pt=US_Character_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item2324506d1c

this one has collar but also has metal pawl

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pull-Starter-Pull-Start-for-HPI-Baja-5B-2-0-SS-Buggy-Baja-5T-5SC-Truck-Rovan-KM-/251064183334?pt=US_Character_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item3a74976a26

nother one plastic pawl but has collar

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks