New King motors alloy version.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guna start on the save up, but might have to sell my leo to fund it :censored::censored: unless the mrs lets me have 2, but i think i'l be gettin :trout::trout::trout: if i keep both ;)

I have fallen again:oops: I started bigscale hobby 4 months ago. And KM alloy 2.0 is fourth bigscaler since..... goddamn I get addicted easily. Hopefully it arrives early next week.

Its been bout week since I got my km baja. Its big and boy its got nice orange alloy and pulls like bull. Butbutbut cant say its quality item. 1,5 tanks and rear tire torn, all 4 axle boots more or less torn and worst..... someone who build this pretty thing forgot to tighten diff bolts. Suddenly pulling stopped with :censored: noise. I disassembled whole rear end and finally got my hands on diff. Opened plastic covers and 4 bolts dropped on table. Of course all diff gears were messed. I hope rcmodelz sends me diff because this must be warranty issue. Seems like these cars should take apart and reassemble. Car feels pretty good just poorly assembled and rubber parts are really poor.

Its been bout week since I got my km baja. Its big and boy its got nice orange alloy and pulls like bull. Butbutbut cant say its quality item. 1,5 tanks and rear tire torn, all 4 axle boots more or less torn and worst..... someone who build this pretty thing forgot to tighten diff bolts. Suddenly pulling stopped with :censored: noise. I disassembled whole rear end and finally got my hands on diff. Opened plastic covers and 4 bolts dropped on table. Of course all diff gears were messed. I hope rcmodelz sends me diff because this must be warranty issue. Seems like these cars should take apart and reassemble. Car feels pretty good just poorly assembled and rubber parts are really poor.

ALWAYS strip em & rebuild em before you run em........

It seems like all RTR cars are built on fridays.......

I emailed rcmodelz few days ago about this issue. I know its very hard to offer 1 year warranty to these kinds of products and I am not expecting that. But I do expect that rc should last more than 1,5 tanks light use. They actually say that they offer 30 days warranty. I think inside EU under 6 months warranty is illegal. They responded that I should of take apart whole car and tighten every bolt. Yes that might true on product like KM but they also should mention that somewhere and they should not talk any warranty if they arent gonna replace any parts. Actually they said :gun_bandana: "As a good will gesture we will refund you 10% on your broken parts order" they really thought I give them money for parts they should send me for free..... We all who read these kind of forums are very keen on our hobby but what if you buy lawnmower for example and after 1 hour work that is bits and pieces.... you are pissed of and want it to get fixed for free. I can fix it myself, just parts.
Still alloy KM rocks and rcmodelz sucks.

I replaced broken diff complete with ss kit parts. Now its working fine and every bolt is locktighted. I know I haven't bought genuine hpi product so expect it to last as hpi with less than half A price. And I am still more than happy my KM. But like any product this has to have warranty and if there isnt they should of mention about that. Can anyone see where says that you should prepare KM differently than hpi or hpi has warranty and KM don't. Actually I think rcmodelz offer warranty if you live in UK because you can easily call them or even visit. I live in finland so obviously it aint very expected that I contact any other way that easily deletable email. Rcmodelz had very nice price, very fast delivery, very reasonably priced shipping with tracking. Everything else like 10 and then they fail in warranty. If you aint gonna offer warraty you shouldnt say you will or if product needs special preparation or warranty doesn't cover it should be mentioned too. If one of these terms would be shown I would not spend time writing pointless emails or angry forum posts. My KM rocks but from rcmodelz I aint gonna buy anything again just for principle.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks