New Losi 5ive-T

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armandk

Good evening everyone,

Anybody know where I can buy a new Losi 5ive for under $1,599? Somewhere I read that some local hobby shops have them for around $1,395. Also, if you know of one for sale in excellent condition, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

RTR versions are more scarce right now than the roller. I have seen em' occasionally on craigslist in the $1300 range with mods in like new condition. New ones are $1500+ everywhere. Shipping is a bear, oversized freight plus over 50lbs. Where are you located? That might help narrow the search...

I'd check with your LHS, I believe mine has theirs for less then $1,500 but I'm not sure if it was as low as $1,300. Otherwise you can get the Losi 5ive roller for $1,100.

Losi 5-ive T

I'm in Miami.

I have searched that site before and none apparently still available.

Thank you guys!

Last edited:
If I were to do it over again, I'd get the roller. Still might lol. I have a built up one still want the roller for a different setup. If you factor in all the customization most will do on a rtr you'd actually pay less. At least that's my logic.

Losi 5-ive T

I'm leaning more and more towards purchasing the roller. I have a couple of stock Bajas now but none are upgraded in any way. Besides the electronics, would you have any recommedations for engine, pipe, and some other upgrades? I've looked at OBR engines and those of Bartolone as possibilities I am not planning to race it but want it to be a beast when I run it!

Thanks again for your feedback.

Any 29cc and up engine is more than adequate. It needs the bottom end torque. I was pleased with my little 2 bolt 29cc with a DDM dominator or Losi pipe, both ripped well on stock gearing. If you want +50mph, start looking into 30CC and up with taller gearing or the 2 speed demonrc or FID unit. I like my center diff. and handling at sane sub. 45mph speeds....
Here is a budget powerplant that would move it reliably:
Engine and pipe for $299
http://www.davesmotors.com/zenoahg290rcddmlosicombo.html

Thank you Revolauncher, I was looking at that combo last night as well as a 30cc one. The later ones are much more expensive without even the pipe. I wonder if the 30cc makes such a big difference though. Also, would you also recommend any upgrades to the chasis? Front/rear arms, etc.?

Thank you again!

The front and rear alloy chassis braces and steering top plate are the only mods. that would get my $$$. The stock arms are great, and you want them to give before taking out a bulkhead, chassis, etc......

What's the best price for a roller that you guys have seen? It list for $1,100 but I'm sure there are deal out there no?

Try this go to nearest hobby shop and tell them you will pay up front so they have no money tied up and say how much will they knock off and if they don't go some where els and ask and when you find one they will you tell everyone you found a great shop keep looking I've found one in Wv

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks