New marder build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiamM

How we all doing? I'm new here and to rc pretty much, hav just completed a marder build well as iv found out already it's never really complete is it lol!!!:rolleyes: however thot I wld share my experience so far. I bought a second hand marder in a reasonably good condition and as soon as I got it fired up I was hooked,I thot that's it I'm building one of these bad boys from scratch, so, knowing sweet f**k all about any aspect of it i hit ebay. Did the whole lot on a brand new chassis with complete alloy front end and magura hydros. Most parts were brand new but a few second hand off eBay but in excellent as new condition. The rear is the same with full alloy kit and adjustable diff. cable discs at the moment. I have a jetpro pipe, vented clutch bell, steel gears and almost new zen 26cc (I run it in before the build) I have hpi axle/wheel convertors with brand new black hpi wheels and tyres are hostile mx's rear and dirt busters up front(looks sweet).all built with new hi tensile steel bolt kit, alloy shocks all round with balloon springs rear. Just waiting on carbon servo tray (alloy one is a bit shabby) and my new spectrum dx3s. Was going to go for dx3r but I thot save the cash and put it towards ddm pipe or samba and rear hydros. I also need a new shell (learning damage lol) but I thot of trying to make body panels more like the hpi baja kind of idea out of alloy sheet, did a few sketches and have come up with some pretty cool designs. I know this is a bit long winded for my first real post but I just wanted u guys to get an idea what I have etc, and also what you all think of my choices of parts and stuff. Please giv feedback good or bad and tips/experience and also what's next. I just have to adjust back brakes, set up the controller for the fronts brakes ( using 3rd channel for them) and get oot for a good shake down will try post up pics of build 2moro

Many thanks for taking the time to read this HUGE post lol:eek:

Liam

nice build i built my fg bug from ebay pretty much the same as you have its taken a long time to get it how it is now just a couple more parts needed for the next step im after hpi wheels and adapters next but got to get a spektrum next the the wheel swap then im back to building my on road project which is going to be the same spec as the bug all alloy carbon ect good luck with it mate its nice to see someone else building it from scratch instead of buying it all done for them you will learn heaps doinig it yourself and end up with a better car

Nice one yeh hpi wheels n convertors are great look so much better on it plus no glueing and better tyre choice. I didn't see any point in getting all brand new parts when u can find almost new parts for half the price, means you can get it to the spec you want n hav alot of cash left over for another large scale offering lol. I think I have built it pretty well with zero knowledge up until 3months ago lol pretty chuffed. Pics will be up soon when I have time. Still a few things to do, small touches here and there but all in all I'm happy

Nice one yeh hpi wheels n convertors are great look so much better on it plus no glueing and better tyre choice. I didn't see any point in getting all brand new parts when u can find almost new parts for half the price, means you can get it to the spec you want n hav alot of cash left over for another large scale offering lol. I think I have built it pretty well with zero knowledge up until 3months ago lol pretty chuffed. Pics will be up soon when I have time. Still a few things to do, small touches here and there but all in all I'm happy

Any news on this? :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks