New member to the family!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is it true that you have to check the oil level after every tank of petrol on the rx8's because of the engine being rotary.

i not long ago sold my daily driver a 1956 oval beetle and as they are aircooled they rely on oil.. here are a couple of pics of my long lost beetle..

ee8fd62b.jpg

DSCN0603.jpg

oohh i do miss it..

Sweet ride Shag,I had a Beetle years and years ago,everyone could tell when I was comming down the road with the unmistakable sound of the air-cooled engine. Here is a bit of info on oil consumption I got off the owners site.

The Oil type that has been used which should be a 5W-30 and not a full synthetic. (Be aware that the Rotary engine is designed to use oil and Mazda claim a consumption of 0.25 litre per 1000 mile but consumption will vary according to driving style)
Looks like there will be a few frequent bonnet pulls!
J.

the rx8 is one sexy piece of machinery man. I have yet to detail one but have had a good look at a friend's. suicide doors are the shiznit. certainly odd engines to work on

the rx8 is one sexy piece of machinery man. I have yet to detail one but have had a good look at a friend's. suicide doors are the shiznit. certainly odd engines to work on

Genisis engines mate,rotary, wankle to be precise. I don't intend to work on it though,the days of rolling around on my back covered in oil has far gone.I'll leave that to the young lads:no: I'm test driving one on Thursday and I'll fill you in on the performance.I had a look at the car in question today and belive me you would struggle to get two people in the back!There is virtually no leg room whatsoever.Anyway i'm buying it to have a bit of fun in,the kids can go in the estate:smartass:
j.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks