DBXL New Model on pre Orders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the look of the dibby. It's why 1000's of Baja 5b owners paid several $100 to have the desert buggy sand rail look.

Obviously I missed this conversation , tried starting my own , my dbxl-e is my favorite rig right now , this new losi product coming out with no pipe and no Killswitch and no metal chassis braces , for $1400 ! DAMIT , but I'm building a VEKTA5 from hell so maybe , I mean maybe I'll get over this new venture , of a new product that I think I may,,,,,,need !?

I'd skip it if I was you
Obviously I missed this conversation , tried starting my own , my dbxl-e is my favorite rig right now , this new losi product coming out with no pipe and no Killswitch and no metal chassis braces , for $1400 ! DAMIT , but I'm building a VEKTA5 from hell so maybe , I mean maybe I'll get over this new venture , of a new product that I think I may,,,,,,need !?

What is the hype about? What was upgraded from the first version? Does it still have the proprietary wheels, tires and beadlocks?

They apparently upgraded a fair bit on it. Engine, fuel tank, drive pins, has the hinged body system, air filter, steering rack, center pinned out drive cups, shock bodies,chassis braces/stiffening plate, lipo reciever battery, they did something to the gearboxes too
It should be as reliable as the 5ive now I would think
I wonder if the originals could be upgraded to new spec or not?

Surprised nobody mentioned the biggest upgrade, the Zenoah G320 obviously which I hear people constantly female dog about the 1st DBXL being slow. Other than that, not much different if you've already got a upgraded rig. From the standard DBXL, there are quite a few durability upgrades. I've already upgraded most of the things on the list, so this doesn't appeal to me. The flip up body is nice though! That was definitely an oversight on the first gen. It's a lot more expensive, but if it proves to be reliable and takes the power, you'll have a properly upgraded rig from the get go that takes the abuse, otherwise you'll be upgrading as you go which is what I prefer in my builds, because that actually allows me to build and learn about my rig. I'm glad I still see a lot of common parts from the 1st gen which means I'll still be able to get parts for mine. I wonder what will be compatible with the first gen rig. I expect to see a lot of Losi 5ive owners still hating on this rig lol. I have a Losi 5ive as well and although it's definitely a better rig, I just love the look of a desert buggy. I'm not a fan of SCT's.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks