New owner, Rovan runaway

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRT

Hi everyone. New large scale owner here. Rovan baja 36cc.
Fail-safe, and kill switch questions.
Receiver battery died, and drove into the trees (no severe damage). I am glad I was not in an open field! Fail-safe works fine if the transmitter dies, or out of range by applying the brakes. But if the receiver dies then RUNAWAY ROVAN if the throttle is pressed when battery dies.
Will a kill switch work if the receiver battery dies?
If not, could a separate battery be added to power the kill switch?
Am I missing something?
Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Installed one a couple of days ago after seeing a few of these videos lol
Good choice!. Wish I would have seen the vids before the runaway. I would have ordered it with the truck. You would think as needed as the kill switches are, they would come already installed on the RTR rigs.

Sorry you had to go through this. I got lucky enough to do a break in and then told myself I need a killswitch. I used the superbee kill switch car kit. Works amazing setup with my dx4s. I just wanted a way to stop this beast if it ever did happen to run away and this is a good solution. Just not cost effective to throw in a RTR I guess. Good luck

Last edited:
oh yes, one of my mates bought a dbxl a few years back and said i can have it and use it for the year aslong as i get it running. put a new carb on and ran it for a few months was all good. one day started it on the drive took it for a walk down the path and was waiting to cross the road to the playing field i used to run on and it shot off infront of a car and nearly got hit before i ran it into a tree just after it had topped out. bent the chassis where it kicks up and where the engine mounts from the sheer whack of the hit. one expensive lesson learn that was!

oh yes, one of my mates bought a dbxl a few years back and said i can have it and use it for the year aslong as i get it running. put a new carb on and ran it for a few months was all good. one day started it on the drive took it for a walk down the path and was waiting to cross the road to the playing field i used to run on and it shot off infront of a car and nearly got hit before i ran it into a tree just after it had topped out. bent the chassis where it kicks up and where the engine mounts from the sheer whack of the hit. one expensive lesson learn that was!
Lesson learned lol.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks