new part announced From Turtle Racing!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmahh

Bajastafarian Madnes
PLUS member
for those of you that don't get over to our sister site at HBF, i thought i would share the announcement from Turtle Racing. I know Dave doesn't visit this site, so thought i would foward this for him.

this piece is just Fraking brillient.

Here is our new Quick Diff Trans!

This is not a carbon copy of the stock trans. It is made from 6061 Billet Alum so not only does it cure the exploding trans problem, but now you can remove/maintain your diff in a fraction of the time without removing the Transmission! This Transmission greatly reduces the amount of time it takes to remove/install your diff because you no longer need to remove the gear plate, spur, brakes, trans plate, trans, rear shock towers, rear shock brace, upper A-arms and in most cases, you don't have to remove the PIPE!! Remove the rear bulkhead and pull the diff!!

This transmission weighs in at 8.5ounces and we have shaved all the fat off.
There will be no more flex in the trans, no matter the heat or HorsePower. Gears will stay at a constant mesh all the time. This will help the trans gears last longer.

Think of the possibility! I used to keep several complete transmissions with different diffs installed in them with different weight oils for different conditions, and lets face it, as a back-up. Now, I only keep diffs! And I can change them out quickly as needed. We've been testing a prototype version and it's been better than I expected.

We also drilled and tapped into the boss that goes into the trans plate so you can actually screw the Transmission to the trans plate making that ALLOT more secure. By the way, no more breaking the boss off the top of the Transmission!:balloon:

These will go into production 01/19/10 and I figure 2-3 weeks to hit the shelves.
Don't have a cost yet, between $140-$180.
We will also make them available in Orange and GunMetal.
IMG_5498Small.jpg
IMG_5499Small.jpg
IMG_5500Small.jpg
IMG_5501Small.jpg
IMG_5502Small-1.jpg
IMG_5490Small.jpg
IMG_5495Small.jpg

Final version will vary slightly from picture version.

Stay tuned, we have several products we have been testing and will be releasing them. The Turtle's Gone Wild!!
That reminds me, watch the Distributors for our new Turtle Gone Wild T-shirts, we are shipping them this week :)

so when those integy toteing fools talk about how well integy does, you can just smile and know the truth, they just don't have what it takes.

TR makes top notch stuff. That looks very innovative and practical. Can;t wait to get on going in my baja.

Chris

he just made the announcement yesterday on HBF. thats why you haven't seen it prior to now.

It is a Beaut!

I gotta say for chunk of billet it takes to make a piece that intricate, it is priced extremely fair. I'm sold on it for sure.

Chris

I want this and I want the Baja 2 speed. I'm waiting patiently for that 2 speed to come out so I can see what the reviews are on it. Then I'll decide which to get first. :)

wont be on the shelf probably beggining of march. may be just a bit before.

I got to see this thing first hand. Dave had it fully built with all Stock 5T gearings and parts, with TFE bearings i think. other than the case and bearings it was stock.

I was very surprised how light it was. without a scale to check back to back, my GH Diff with the HD LIghtened gears and Craftsworks Ti Spur im pretty sure was heavier.

put my stuff into the TR Tranny case, and it will get lighter yet because of the weight differences of the Ti layshaft, and HD HPI tranny gears.

cant wait to get one and do the swap over. i ll put the GH up for sale, or maybe i ll toss it in the 3rd Beater Supreme baja im about to start building in a couple hrs.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks