New pistons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ezsleezy

Anybody else notice the different pistons that comes with the new shock shaft and piston set? Hopefully these work better than the old ones.

Attachments

• los253005_old.jpg
    los253005_old.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 38
  • LOS253005-new.jpg
    LOS253005-new.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 31
I wonder if they still recommend using 3k diff fluid with the new 4 hole pistons. Hoping we can actually use shock oil now as I have bottles of 35wt oil in stock.

Nitro, just realized the shocks had 2 sets of pistons...haha. Thanks for clarifying bro. Hopefully someone will come out with a new set of pistons that will allow for shock oil.

i have recently been messing with the shock pistons. i drilled the holes out to a larger size and made some little check valves out of innertube rubber. in theory this should make compression a little more stiff than factory but it should rebound quicker than factory. i am going to test them out with 5k in them. if anyone else here has a good piston/ oil/ spring combo post it up.

well the truck still nose dives. i the mod i did to the front shocks really helped with rebound but it didn't seem to improve the nose dive issue. i'll keep trying i guess. i think for snitchingiggles i am going to put the front on the back and visa versa. who knows maybe this thing is totally backwards from any other suspension i have fiddled with. if i could just get it to fly level i'd be happy with it. i cringe every time it jumps, its like a lawn dart competition in the yard.

Yes my son agrees at power jam you could not jump car with out being on the gas wide open to keep nose up and he got good at it
But the car would only run about about 10 min that way with out breaking drive shaft pins
In a main it broke at 18 min mark of 20 min race he was just Turing laps and was going to race the last 2 min or so he still got #2
It's a shame what a fun car this would be if it were not for how soft some of parts are as you can tell the jumping has been moved to second on my list of complaints

for whatever reason when i switched the shocks front to back and back to front and it helped out. 7k in the front now and 5k in the rear with the little check valves, preload on both about 3/4 turned down. i know this sounds really heavy but i may go 10k in the front and 7k in the rear. i just don't know why the 5t jumps so much better. there has to be an easy way to get this truck to fly flat. i really hate to add weight but it may come to that.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks