New Project...JETBOAT!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
Well I have watched the vid of the NQD 'Tear into' Jetboat over and over and decided to make on my self.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOdSAX0gH5k&feature=player_embedded#

The postman arrived today to drop the boat off and Muttley helped me open it!
Picture712.jpg
Picture713.jpg

And a few more parcels later I also received a brushless 60Amp ESC and a 4800 KV brushless motor.
Picture715.jpg

I'm going to use two 7.4 LiPo's 4000mAh with a 15% discharge rate.There is one showing but there will defiantly be two!
Picture716.jpg

Just charging the batteries for a run at bog standard level.
Picture714.jpg

I'll keep you informed.
J.

Bought another to put the bigger drive into.
Picture726.jpg

Here are a couple of vids to show the boat in stock form.

Going to start the mods in the next few days.
J.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well started the mods yesterday and firstly cut the deck to access the elec's as it's a sealed unit.
Picture730.jpg
As you can see from the pics the boat isn't water tight! After just a five minute run there was a hell of a lot of water in it.I will re-seal the hull with aquarium grade silicon.
Picture732.jpg
Picture731.jpg
As you can tell from the elec's ,they are 'quality' !!!:lol:(On ebay for £100.00;))
I then went about stripping the guts out and started with the drive unit.I undone the four screws on the underneath,but couldn't remove it straight away as its glued to the hull so I had to break the glue CAREFULLY! as the hull is pretty much paper thin.
Picture733.jpg
I removed the rudder/funnel from the rear as well,again taking the glue off from the outside..
Picture734.jpg
The guts came out pretty well with minimal fuss.The servo is a bit awkward to remove,first you have to remove the screw that you can see and then rotate the top of the servo mount and a gentle pull will release the servo.
With all the internal glue still left,I started to gently remove that too.
Picture735.jpg
Here is a picture of the drive unit and 'joke' electrics.
Picture737.jpg

I'll keep updating this thread as I go on.
J:w00t:

Well there was far too much modding to go for a 29 MM jetdrive do I bought a Graupner 19 mm but with a reverse module.Its far better construction but there are a few bits I'll have to mod to get it to fit.It has a 3mm shaft as oppose to a 2.3mm and sintered bushes plus a much better shaft seal.
Great instructions.
Picture744.jpg
The one on the right is the cloned drive.
Picture743.jpg
The top one is the Graupner .You can see a much better construction plus there you can see the U-J, something the boat didnt come with.
Picture740.jpg
Here is the drive complete.
Picture742-1.jpg
Picture741.jpg
Looking at this photo I was thinking...Hmmm, twin drives:rolleyes:
Picture739.jpg
Keep you updated.
--------------------------------J-----------------------------------------

i'm liking this... :) i've got a Graupner Inshore F1 boat, hmmm, bought a brushless combo for a tamiya monster beetle, might buy another combo and fit it to the F1's outboard, YEEHAAA!

I think that first vid you posted was sped up... It just seemed too fast to be real. But hey I thought the same thing the first time I saw a brushless 4s lipo in a Lunchbox!

Put the drive in the boat today and test run it in the sink....Jeeze,water everywhere and the frikkin thing shot out of the sink.:lol::lol::lol:
But ,it lets more water in than what it sent out!:eek:
I'll sort it.
J;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks