new servo and servo arm fitting - to high tension bending throttle arm!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new-fg-owner

bought a new savox sc-0254mg digital from my local hobby store, cost me £27 which i didnt think was too bad. well i fitted it screwed it in, n then the agony began of trying to get the servo arm in the right postion, either it made the throttle half on or didnt pull the arm enough, then somehow it had to much tension and made the throttle arm bend eek, luckily this didnt perminantly bend the arm.

so i stole a shorter servo arm from my 1/8 monster truck put it on works perfect for the throttle now no problem at all, the break however still causes a slight amount of flex in the chassis when i apply it! anyone else had similar issues?? hopefully my expeience can hep others also:rolleyes:

make a new servo tray with aluminum or carbon and you can add a couple standoffs on the 2 front corners of the servo tray, even the plastic one, to stiffen the front up

hey ah that all sounds abit out of my depth hehe :) i cant picture what you mean, ill upload some photos later today if i can so ya can see what it looks like and if it looks right?
am i generally right in thinking if it looks right and seems to work right it's ok?

hey man i'm still running a 27mhs radio system a kyosho one gonna invest in a futaba 3pl me thinks its only £100 n as you prob know is 2.4ghz unless you say its rubbish lol. errm i think i've sorted it just by modifiying where the pin is on the shaft of the brake arm and throttle. how important is the spring on the throttle should it be very compresed?

oh hay what cars do you have bigger the better i don't think i have asked as of yet? and thanks again for your advise

I am not up on that radio. I have the 3PMx. You will have much more adjustments with a new radio. Most of the adjustments you are making will be able to be made wih the new radio.

FGMT, FH Buggy, 2 Baja's.;)

get new radio gear then set your end point adjustment. for now, the further you mount the the break/accelerator rod from the centre of the server horn the more movement you will get in relation to the amount you push the throttle trigger/button and vice versa.

I have a futuba megatech 3pm-fs and a flysky gt3B ,the flysky is great 2.4ghz all the adjustments I need, for 35 quid!!! great for bashing!

hey everyone thanks for replying and sorry for the late reply just got home, ohh ok ill try and readjust the servo arm slightly again i think i guess its just trial and errror,.
yaa i hav been thinking a 2.4gh is important to buy from what i have read on the forum so far. ok so ill have a look for the flysky and the other futaba, but also do you think for £100 the futaba 3pl 2.4gh is a good call? thanks :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks