new spark plug problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erutw5

I got a new CAT5 zenoa ful mod g340 .34cc and 990 carb (no chock) a week a go . Started to brake it. The settings where: low 1 and 1/8 , high 1 and 5/8. IT started , I had to close the idle screw completely . it ran fine. I was braking the engine , so at first vary slow, then a little faster, I was checking the temp. , it was 205 to 250, then up to 280 when I started to run a little faster. All together I ran 4 tanks. I notised that the idle is weak when I stop , but the engine did not quit. The next day I started the engine, and after 3 min of working it quit. I could not restart, no meter what I tried. Then I changed the carburetor to a stock carb. that came with the engine (with the chock). Still could not start. I am new at this , so I was frustrated . As I mention the engine was new. I decided to change the plug. Halelua, the engine started and worked . I could adjust the idle screw and L and H . The big question is being this a new plug can it be bad ? . Or did I do something wrong ?. With a new plug the engine is working totally different. Much livelier.

I got a new CAT5 zenoa ful mod g340 .34cc and 990 carb (no chock) a week a go . Started to brake it. The settings where: low 1 and 1/8 , high 1 and 5/8. IT started , I had to close the idle screw completely . it ran fine. I was braking the engine , so at first vary slow, then a little faster, I was checking the temp. , it was 205 to 250, then up to 280 when I started to run a little faster. All together I ran 4 tanks. I notised that the idle is weak when I stop , but the engine did not quit. The next day I started the engine, and after 3 min of working it quit. I could not restart, no meter what I tried. Then I changed the carburetor to a stock carb. that came with the engine (with the chock). Still could not start. I am new at this , so I was frustrated . As I mention the engine was new. I decided to change the plug. Halelua, the engine started and worked . I could adjust the idle screw and L and H . The big question is being this a new plug can it be bad ? . Or did I do something wrong ?. With a new plug the engine is working totally different. Much livelier.
Glad you sorted it - even new spark plugs can fail....Sometimes the ceramic cracks....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks